ICW Super Smokin' Thunder Bowl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grado won the belt then lost it 90 minutes later in the longest 'Dusty finish' ever as Red's leg was under the rope during the pin and it was traditional rules. Match restarted after this was revealed and was now hardcore rules. Red pinned Grado with a belt shot.

In other news Jack Jester and Chris Renfrew put Scott Maverick in a taxi during the streetfight and then had a chat with the driver about the fare!

Grado won the belt then lost it 90 minutes later in the longest 'Dusty finish' ever as Red's leg was under the rope during the pin and it was traditional rules. Match restarted after this was revealed and was now hardcore rules. Red pinned Grado with a belt shot.

In other news Jack Jester and Chris Renfrew put Scott Maverick in a taxi during the streetfight and then had a chat with the driver about the fare!

That is awesome!

Not the best ICW show. Filled with solid matches from top to bottom but not much standout stuff.

Not entirely sure why they didn't pull the trigger fully on Grado, and even more unsure as to why they seem to be shoving him out of the way for Chris Renfrew to fued with Lightning.

The Grado stuff with the initial match was amazing. The ending... well, the "can't be fucked with this" reaction said it all really.

No reaction at the end? No stand out moments? The people's teabag. The dive of the balcony by Stevie. Feerick jumping off a portacabin. Renfrew Jester Feerick ad Maverick fighting into a taxi. Grado aswell. Usually I'll take on board what you say but I'm calling you on this one, your babbling utter shite.

I never said "no reaction" but it was a pretty clear "oh for fuck sake". Especially when Grado came out.

As for standout stuff, I meant the matches. The street fight was too chaotic for me to keep an eye on and for some reason, the fans completely ignored the ring in our section which was pissing me off because that was when the staples were coming out and stuff. Just because guys happened to be in the crowd. I missed the teabag actually and all of the outside stuff.

Renfrew did salvage the end for most by the sounds of things, but all I could think was "that's Grado done then".

That reacton at the end was the desired reaction surely? In order to garner further heat from the heel champion.

I never expected Grado to be any more than a one off title shot. The trigger WAS pulled. The novelty of Grado winning the belt was lovely and really was a special moment but I was kinda left thinking "this guy isn't ACTUALLY the champion is he?"

The story was great. And a smart twist in the tale. Lightning retains again and everybody is heavy raging. What astounds me about alot of ICW fans is the fact that they take the utter huff when they are reeled in by something and, you know, are worked...

EDIT - had to put in here that i saw DomDom's post over at Pie & Bovril in the Wrestling Forum there about the show and said that this was "the most spineless piece of booking he has ever seen" Hence proving my point.

...you're raging Grado isn't the champ! Job done ICW. Job well done and credit to everyone for putting on what I thought was a superb show. You wouldn't even have noticed that there were only 2 ropes on the ring during that title match aswell. Ring broke and didn't even phase them at all.

Yeah, I thought the ending was pretty decent and it certainly left me wanting to see the title match next month. Grado is a popular guy, but I don't know if I could take him seriously as champion.

He's basically Glasgow's answer to Dusty Rhodes though, eh?

The two rope thing confused me actually. I thought it would come into the finish because nobody bothered with it. I thought that was bizarre.

As for being raging Grado isn't champ... it's more to do with Lightning's position. Coming out of the Label, I'm still unsure on whether he's working or not, but in Grado they have someone who is over as fuck. Probably the most popular thing in ICW ever. Yet, they just give him a novelty title shot. I actually said to someone before hand that they'd go with a Dusty finish because they'd not put the title on Grado, but they'd give the fans that moment. I thought they'd actually done it when they went to the interval.

The problem with all of this is that we now know Grado's position in the promotion. He's a joke. A comedy midcard act. Which given he's the most popular thing in the promotion is angering.

Oh, as a sidenote, the one thing that has completely slipped my mind is the finish of the Mark Coffey/Mikey Whiplash. Don't know what I was doing during that. Oh, and the Polo Lounge might have soured things for me a bit too, but in saying that, Polo carries himself well. I'm not sure who it is he reminds me of, but there's something familiar about him. I'm kinda hoping they actually go somewhere with him in the future.

• Paid Members
Oh, and the Polo Lounge might have soured things for me a bit too, but in saying that, Polo carries himself well. I'm not sure who it is he reminds me of, but there's something familiar about him.

I remarked that he looked like a mix between Mr Perfect and Dolph Ziggler.

With regards to the ring breaking.

I saw everyone scramble to try and fix the rope and i told them to simply just leave it.

The ring broke. Big deal. Whats the point in having 10 guys depsperately trying to fix it during the match, taking the focus away from the match and pretending the ring never broke in the first place, as if we are ignoring it. The rope broke, big deal. We still had a match.

As for it breaking purposely for the finish. Nobody's that good.

Archived