ICW Super Smokin' Thunder Bowl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is DomDom you're one of that 10% of the audience who actually give a toss about this type of thing. The majority of the ICW fans are casuals and they enjoy coming to the shows, getting drunk and being entertained. And you cannot deny that every time this is what they get.

We will always have that small element of fans in wrestling who completely overthink things and pick every detail apart and generally have a moan about what they dont like but aren;'t overly vocal about what they DO like. But you pay your money and you're as entitled as anyone to give your opinions so thats fair game.

I am an internet fan, It's harder to entertain us than it is a casual fan. Because we want more bang for our buck and need to be more satisifed with the stories making sense and stories within matches.

As for the Red Lightning thing. You could not be further off the mark. To say he is "not working", after the reaction he garnered not only last night but at the last show. A champion who doesn't deserve to be champion, no matter what, he keeps his belt. You're actually raging about this. This proves that it is working. You can't actually be serious that you thought Grado was going to be the actual champion of the company? He is a great character and you're right, he is popular. But too green for a title run. That showed last night.

With regards to the ring breaking.

I saw everyone scramble to try and fix the rope and i told them to simply just leave it.

It came off better as a result. Thinking back to PWE, it was off putting with all of the people fixing the buckle. So just having them go and wrestle regardless was quite good.

Spineless was maybe a stronger word than I should have used, but I reckon a bit more bravery would have seen "fuck it, lets do this" and seen where it could have gone. It reminded me of the RVD not getting the title at No Mercy 2001. Perfect time to go ahead.

As for it breaking purposely for the finish. Nobody's that good.

I dunno. Given your previous, I wouldn't be surprised.

The problem with all of this is that we now know Grado's position in the promotion. He's a joke. A comedy midcard act. Which given he's the most popular thing in the promotion is angering.

Isn't it possible to be really popular and not be the main event? Seeing him win the title was great and all, but the announcement for the title match next month basically ensured my ticket money will be heading their way. Seeing Red Lightning get his backside kicked is a must.

Grado will also be on the card, which is also a bonus. Two highlights already then, which is better than having Grado as champion, no?

As for the Red Lightning thing. You could not be further off the mark. To say he is "not working", after the reaction he garnered not only last night but at the last show. A champion who doesn't deserve to be champion, no matter what, he keeps his belt. You're actually raging about this. This proves that it is working.

Exactly. The chance to see him get his arse kicked next month pretty much sold me on the show and the majority of the card hasn't even been announced yet!

As for the Red Lightning thing. You could not be further off the mark. To say he is "not working", after the reaction he garnered not only last night but at the last show. A champion who doesn't deserve to be champion, no matter what, he keeps his belt. You're actually raging about this. This proves that it is working. You can't actually be serious that you thought Grado was going to be the actual champion of the company? He is a great character and you're right, he is popular. But too green for a title run. That showed last night.

It's not Lightning that I'm raging about though. See, that's what I figured would be brought up, but I'm not fussed either way with him or Renfrew, and I wanted him to retain against BT Gunn. My reaction is PURELY down to his opponent last night. I don't even think I'd have been this bothered if they had gone with the Dusty finish, but just let Dallas put the belt on without the Renfrew coming in. That was definately the thing that pissed me off the most.

Oh, and don't go on about not talking when good happens. I've been the first every fucking time when it comes to praising ICW to anyone who will listen whether it be on here or anywhere else and as a reader of P&B you should know that.

So, was the match re-started, or did Grado actually win the ICW title? I'd love it to be the latter, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Red never actually lost it.

Sorry, but when RL was explaining the rematch/restart, I clearly wasnt paying attention.

Grado is over as a midcard comedy act. He's not portrayed as a credible main event threat in the way that Chris Renfrew is. Grado's popularity stems from the fact that he's funny and entertaining, he doesn't need to be in main event matches or title matches to be hugely over. I'd be happy to see Grado in any kind of match against any opponent because I know it's going to be entertaining. In fact if Grado had kept the belt and started defending it in main events I think it would have cut thelifespan of the act dead as soon as he lost.

I thought last night's show was great. I actually called a Dusty finish just after Grado pinned Red and I was shocked when they did just that but did it 90 minutes later! I've never seen that before.

I was lucky enought o get outside and see that stuff which was awesome and the best thing I'ev ever seen at live wrestling show.

I was lucky enought o get outside and see that stuff which was awesome and the best thing I'ev ever seen at live wrestling show.

I honestly couldn't be arsed. I was about to go but it was a bottleneck. I was just like "fuck that" and went back to where I was. Wish I went now. ICW matches when they go outside seem to be an event in themselves. I wonder where Maverick ended up.

I thought last night's show was great. I actually called a Dusty finish just after Grado pinned Red and I was shocked when they did just that but did it 90 minutes later! I've never seen that before.

When it was the first half main event, I thought Lightning winning was a given. Should have suspected from that point, but really just got caught up in it all. That side of things was pretty smartly played.

I think everyone should wear bumbags as a mark of respect to Grado at the next show.

Grado did not win the match as Lightnings foot was under the ropes. This was not made clear until later in the show, with video evidence.

So therefore the match wasn't restarted as such but was forced to be continued becasue the match was to be fought under "wrestling rules".

Dallas for some reason unbeknowst to me changed this to "ICW rules" before the restart. Grado went mental and started going mental and leathering Red. Then in the midst of the chaos Lightning used the belt for the pin and retained.

I recall all of this being clearly explained as i was sober but most people are always a bit too drunk by this point in the show!

The Cum Doctor is entitled to HIS opinion. Why should he need to justify every minute detail?

I agree with some of his points. Grado is the most over face I've ever seen in ICW, I don't know if he has a travelling support but the crowd were going mental for every movement he made. I don't see Grado as a credible champion but the time to capitalize on that popularity was last night and now it's left Grado with needing a new direction asap. He's not the most gifted of wrestlers but the guy has a sort of Colt Cabana comedy quality about him, all his mannerisms are great.

I genuinely thought Red would get an automatic rematch and screw Grado out of the belt at the next show. I was kind of right, only it happened more prematurely!

The new announcer, whilst a lot more pretty than the previous announcer has a terrible shrieking voice. Everytime she would yell something I could see people physically wincing.

The street fight was very sloppy and it was difficult to follow, hopefully the footage was caught well so I can watch it back on the IPPV. Balcony dive looked pretty dangerous and half the crowd seemed to get wiped out as a result! Takes some balls to do such a feat.

I thought Mikey Whiplash, Lionheart, James Scott & Wolfgang were all also on killer form and were just as good as the double main event.

It's not gonna be on iPPV. Every two shows are on that.

There'll hopefully be a highlight video posted soon though. Lots of good stuff around the bar area and the ring I thought but as you said, difficult to follow. I can take sloppy in a street fight though. Given the environment and type of match, it was never going to be the most graceful of matches. All it needs is some blood, some violence and some street brawling!

Footage will surface of the show. We were trying out afew different things like an app for fancams and stuff like that, tried it out with the zero g title match, the commentary will be added and it'll be online soon. Videos and matches from the show will also crop up soon.

The crowd wasn't wiped out it was the wrestler and some ICW security he landed on top of.

Biggest crowd we've ever had haven't got the final figure but at the last count I was given it was just over 550.

Also our second Glasgow Street Fight to result in Riot vans showing up. This time it was two instead of one. Police were fine though. Turns out one of them was an ICW fan :)

Archived