UKFF Football Predictions League 2012-13

Fog Dude

Start date query  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in, though I'm a bit confused with all the D2D stuff. I'll pick it up as I go.

Yeah, as I acknowledged in the original post, I didn't explain it very well. Mind you, that was hastily put together when I was expecting Seph to sit out the season again. Now that he's back, maybe he can enlighten everyone with a clearer description of the rules.

You're right though, you'll pick it up as you go along. Great to see two new players among the 15 who've declared an interest so far, as well as the aforementioned one returning after a year away. Twelve confirmed D2Ds so far, still awaiting some PMs. Remember, you need 3 picks because it's first-come, first-served. Two participants have failed to get their first choice, so be quick about it!

• Paid Members

D2D, the short(er) version:

* Everyone has a team for D2D.

* When someone's team comes up, he makes his pick as usual for that team's game.

* Everyone else makes their pick for that team's game, with the mind that the player either has his result right or wrong (scoreline is irrelevant.)

* When the result gets in, if the player's got the result right (again, scoreline doesn't matter) then for everyone who disagreed with him, he gets a 2pt bonus. (e.g. five people = 10pts)

* If the player gets it wrong, everyone who disagreed with him gets a 2pt bonus, even if their own results are incorrect.

* Everyone who agrees with him gets no extra points, and nobody is penalised regardless.

So any bugger can pick Man Utd, Chelsea, City etc. and be reasonably sure that few people will go against him unless that team's season is all over the place, as people may not be willing to sacrifice a regular 1pt/3pt win for such a small bonus. Without sounding too cheeky I suggest Foggy raises the 'disagree' prize as a result.

So any bugger can pick Man Utd, Chelsea, City etc. and be reasonably sure that few people will go against him unless that team's season is all over the place, as people may not be willing to sacrifice a regular 1pt/3pt win for such a small bonus. Without sounding too cheeky I suggest Foggy raises the 'disagree' prize as a result.

Thanks for the easier to understand version of the rules. I understand the thinking behind raising the number of bonuses, but in recent seasons the title has been in danger of being decided by those points instead of 'ordinary' ones, and having already raised the D2D prize from one to two just a couple of years ago, I think the balance is now just about right. No offence like!

• 3 weeks later...

Feels like I probably started this thread at least a week too soon. After an initial flood of PMs, they've completely dried up in the fortnight since I got back from Spain. With all the leagues now having released their fixtures, and some even having started this past weekend, it's time for one last push for extra players.

Scottish teams are now available for D2Ds after integrity sort of won out in the summer negotiations. Only one international date has been taken so far for D2Ds, and I'm still waiting for choices from two people who've posted in this thread. Anyone can join in during the first 4 rounds, but unless something changes in the poll, we'll be starting this week so you're advised to make the starting line and miss as few weeks as possible. Try not to get yourselves suspended, because if you miss 3 consecutive weeks, you're kicked out. The same applies if you've not got a D2D team by the end of this month.

I usually try to give everyone three and a half whole days to make their picks, but right now I'm off to London for a couple of days to see the Olympic park and take in some women's basketball, so I can only promise that the first card of the season will be up sometime on Wednesday.

So what's happening with this then? :)

Look here you muppet. What do you think :!: is supposed to mean?

You're lucky there are only three 3 o'clock starts this week. Make your predictions now and you could still score up to 21 points!

Archived