Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

extacy of farts

Premier League 2012/2013 Discussion

That's a shame, would have liked seeing Wayne wearing the Royal Blue one last time. You going tomorrow Pete?

Wayne with kai showing he ment once a blue always a blue :)

488265_4382436438864_171053853_n.jpg

Ha brilliant, not only is little Kai wearing the blue, its a Darren Gibson shirt to boot. Sure Gibbo will be made up to know that

He calls his kid Kai, makes him wear an Everton shirt and then teaches him to destroy his Toy Story Alien with the golf club version of a con-chair-to. Parent of the year.

Good article in the Guardian assessing City's chances for the forthcoming season, and I agree with virtually all of it.

Guardian writers' predicted position: 18th (NB: this is not necessarily Paul Doyle's prediction, but the average of our writers' tips)

Last season's position: 12th

Odds to win the league: 5000-1

Through computer jiggery pokery, wishful thinking or desperate mischief-making, Ipswich Town's official website this week included a photo of Grant Holt among the club's first-team playing squad. A minor palaver ensued, prolonged as much as possible by the sort of internet crusaders who devote their lives to prolonging minor palavers. But most Norfolkers were unmoved or just amused by the mishap, secure in the knowledge that Holt, after threatening to fly the Canaries' coup, had already signed up to spend whatever remains of his prime at Carrow Road. Paul Lambert, as we know, did not. And Norwich's standing this season will to a large extent be determined by which proves more influential: Lambert going or Holt staying.

The first obvious consequence of Lambert going was Chris Hughton arriving. Norwich did not dither in making that appointment and you can see why they acted so quickly to entice Hughton. He has huge experience of the Premier League as a player and coach and in his relatively short managerial career has played difficult hands adroitly. When he took charge of Newcastle and Birmingham both clubs were in the sort of pungent messes in which players would not have had to look hard for excuses to underperform

The Gibson-related photograph got me wondering - and I know there's a fair amount of Everton fans on here - how is he seen by the fans? Guy I work with was raging when the transfer went through but now he loves him.

Speaking of Everton, I reckon they're taking three points off us on day one.

As a local but someone who doesn't support either of the big clubs, I think the hatred has certainly diluted over the years but it was only rife with the morons. There were the usual, expected 'Judas', 'turncoat' and those kinds of phrases which were a gut reaction but they faded over time. You have got the small minority of dickheads who still think he should be exiled from the city for life, but mainly the people with their heads screwed on realised that Rooney was a fantastic talent who, despite how much he may have loved (and by all accounts still does) the club, to further his potential and career he couldn't have turned down the move. My old man is a staunch Blue but wishes no ill feeling towards him, simply because he isn't an idiot.

I think a lot of Everton fans wish him no harm now the dust has settled and there's a general feeling amongst the Blues I know that Rooney will be back at the club at some point even if it's a Thierry Henry-type jaunt for sentiment. If it happens, I'd expect nothing but a standing ovation. Apart from the ones who are too stupid to stand up.

For a couple of million quid, I can't understand why any Everton fan would have raged at the signing. So he wasn't quite good enough for United, but by no means is he a poor player.

Agreed about that opening game. United haven't looked convincing at all in pre-season, completely toothless. I fancy Everton to have a good season, especially if they hold onto Baines.