WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 5/18/2012

ThePhenom

Here are the spoilers for this week's Smackdown:

* Attendance looks low but there is a lot of Daniel Bryan chants. Heat for Michael Cole as he comes out with Booker T to the announcers table.

* John Laurinaitis opens the show and talks about facing John Cena at Over the Limit. Laurinaitis wants sympathy and wants the fans to pray for him. WWE Champion CM Punk interrupts to a huge pop.

Punk comes out and is glad that Laurinaitis will finally be terminated after John Cena beats him on Sunday. Punk wishes Laurinaitis the best in his future endeavors to a big pop from the crowd. Punk goes on ripping Laurinaitis until he

Looks pretty horrible on paper. No Ryback? No Cesaro? Instead we've got Mr 2.9 filling half the show and Orton doing his typical shit. Shame really as SmackDown was good last weekAlso far too many squash matches with new talent you've got Tensai, Ryback, Cesaro, Sandow and Brodus Clay. Fuck me.. what an awful way to get them over.

• Paid Members

So after making Antonio, Young/Titus and Ryback look great last week, two of them are left off the show and the other act loses.Great. Fucking great. And everythign else looks shit too. Has there ever been any other period where WWE has been so uninspiring?

So after making Antonio, Young/Titus and Ryback look great last week, two of them are left off the show and the other act loses.Great. Fucking great. And everythign else looks shit too. Has there ever been any other period where WWE has been so uninspiring?

The WWE has tended to go really shit after the post Mania PPV for a fair few years now and this year shows it occurring again.Looking again at the Spoilers they look strange as the previous week SmackDown was using their own talent and it worked well. It was fresh and it was different from the majority of guys you would see on RAW. Then this week we get half the RAW roster aswell as half the SmackDown roster. This just continues to fuel my hate for the current so called 'Rosters'.

Has there ever been any other period where WWE has been so uninspiring?

I'd say Smackdown throughout most of 2010 was far worse when you had Jack Swagger as the World's Champion, another Kane/Undertaker/Paul Bearer feud and fat Edge. That was the low point of my fandom. At least now on Smackdown they have quite a few new talents that are really good so there is hope as last week showed, I just hope they haven't lost interest in them already.

• Paid Members

Great. Fucking great. And everythign else looks shit too. Has there ever been any other period where WWE has been so uninspiring?

We've just came off the back of Cena vs Rock, Brock vs Cena (two of the biggest match atmospheres they've EVER had) and looking at a Triple H vs Brock Lesnar match which should be fantastic. You weren't getting matches that big a few years ago. Antonio Cesero and Ryback and the imminent debuts of Seth Rollins, Richie Steamboat and Dean Ambrose have me looking forward more than it has done in a while. Its the post Mania blues at the minute. The next few months has a lot of welcome additions to the TV shows.Unfortunately, at the minute its a bit shite, but you get that every now and again. It'll get better.

2010 overall was a bit poor. Sure you had Nexus and that brilliant S3 of NXT, but i felt like Raw was constantly the same episode with just the guest host changing each week. It completely turned me off WWE but since the Rumble of last year when I heard Nash was coming back, WWE has been pretty great. Last year seemed to fly by because so much seemed to happen.Cena/Johnny feels so much more like a big TV main event that might have three weeks build to merit it; like when Raw and SD would alternate PPVs so the brand without a PPV that month, would have a big match on one TV to build too like the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man. That or like when Cena faced K-Fed on New Years Day.

Archived