Preston City Wrestling - Documentary - The Indie

fludder99

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeh I think they had like 23hrs of footage so to cut it down to 15mins of how great I am is cool, I wanted more fan stuff but I didnt have any say in it. Its a good promotional too for PCW and I did enjoy it.

True story I've seen the cut with you in it Ritchie. shame you didnt make it into the final piece

Yeah, it was probably for the best though. A pissed up iddiot just saying "everything is dead brilliant" over and over again would have probably cheapened the whole thing. I think it came off really classy as it was. I make enough cameos clapping and getting all over excited like a dickhead in the visual footage! :)

Enjoyed it - as I did in person at the show. Was interesting hearing the wrestler's talk but what I found really strange was seeing the wrestlers in the background, in the ring and rehearsing some of their moves. I've been a wrestling fan for many years and I knew that choreography must go on beforehand - as I know that the results are pre-determined - but I suspend my disbelief when I walk through the venue's doors. For me a wrestling ring is a theatre and the wrestling matches tell a story. But I wouldn't want to go watch the actors rehearse and I'm not sure that I want to see wrestlers do likewise. It was both compelling and disturbing to me. And whatever happened to kayfabe?! Did any of the wrestlers in the show say they weren't happy to be filmed during their preparations, or were they all cool with it? I'd love to know their thoughts on it :confused:

Enjoyed it - as I did in person at the show. Was interesting hearing the wrestler's talk but what I found really strange was seeing the wrestlers in the background, in the ring and rehearsing some of their moves. I've been a wrestling fan for many years and I knew that choreography must go on beforehand - as I know that the results are pre-determined - but I suspend my disbelief when I walk through the venue's doors. For me a wrestling ring is a theatre and the wrestling matches tell a story. But I wouldn't want to go watch the actors rehearse and I'm not sure that I want to see wrestlers do likewise. It was both compelling and disturbing to me. And whatever happened to kayfabe?! Did any of the wrestlers in the show say they weren't happy to be filmed during their preparations, or were they all cool with it? I'd love to know their thoughts on it :confused:

I really enjoyed that. But agree with the above sentiments, does it need to expose so much of what goes on before a match?

Absolutely. I thought it was really good and I really enjoyed it but the stuff showing the pre match arrangements disappointed me. I think that should have been protected better, even to the point where the opponents weren't sat chatting together but thats my own taste and many will think its all something and nothing.Definitely more positives than negatives and as I say thats just my own opinion, some will love it 100%

Archived