Preston City Wrestling - Documentary - The Indie

fludder99

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean this as a genuine question rather than a cocky rebuttal. Did either of those show opponents planning a match? It is years since I saw either, both years before I ever got involved in wrestling so that point of view doesnt fully translate for me. Not because its not a good point, just because it isnt relevant in my own situation. I suppose in fairness the doc will probably be directed at people who are fairly clued up to the business so the impact it would have will be tiny in terms of exposing the business.

Beyond the mat clearly shows The Rock and Foley running through the match at The Royal Rumble. I'm 99.9% certain that Wrestling with shadows shows guys showing intricate parts of wrestling too.I find it a tad strange that people would find it strange in this day and age especially when the generation of wrestling fan that comes on here are pining for the next juicy bit of insider information so they can debate it. I truly could understand it if this was the 80s and early 90s but let's be fair, it ain't lol.

As I mentioned in my last post I think its less of an issue than we made out as its mainly going to be clued up fans or those involved watching it. My initial thoughts are always to keep things as guarded as possible but on a place like this its kind of pointless. One little comment shouldnt continue to be the focus as its a really good piece and does a good job of showcasing PCW and British wrestling.

Just watched it, good stuff.The visuals were all strong and of high quality and they did a good job mixing up how they conducted the interviews (different locations, angles etc). The choice of contributors was also mostly strong, though someone (might have been Noam Dar) seemed to get a bit lost on their point in one bit.Pacing was nice and there was a good mix of people used. Lionheart came across as a smart bloke and along with Madman Manson and Keith Myatt were the best uses of wrestler interviews for me.My only bit of (hopefully constructive) criticism would be that certain parts were just "montages with music" and it became a little bit disjointed from the rest of the piece. I would have kept more of the audio from the interviews over the in-ring action and faded the music in and out a bit so that it flowed a little better in and out of the "action" scenes. I would also have stayed away from music with loads of foul language in it. Doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it just seemed a little out of place in something that otherwise could be viewed by anyone.Overall a great piece of work though. PCW came off well and so did the talent.

I gave it a watch a few days ago. I know its my home show as it were, but the whole thing just gives an aura of enthusiasm. The guys genuinely enjoy being there and enjoy much about it and this came through in spades. Ive spoke to the odd wrestler on fb and they usually bring up how good it is and how much they enjoy it and I think the documentary captures that perfectly.Would be interested if the funding becomes available to see the long form, perhaps packaged with the events/event filmed it would make a great double/triple header.Utterly fab stuff, well apart from the over usage of musical montage, but they got a deal to use the licensed music, so would be daft to waste it

Did any of you feel this disappointed when wrestling with shadows or Beyond the mat when wrestlers were clearly discussing the match In and out of the ring?

As I said in my post, this is the first time I've seen wrestlers rehearsing for a show having not seen Wrestling with Shadows or Beyond the Mat, so it was a bit of a shock. Using an analogy from Drew Mcdonald - do you really want to know how a magician does his tricks? Personally I don't even though I know it's a trick.The only other negative point I have is that it does come across as one long promo for PCW - there isn't any negative side to it so it feels a tad unbalanced if you look at it objectively.

Archived