You know you should like them...

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Are YOU serious? The times that man lands on his lower back... it hurts ME watching! He's not technically sound

Has he hurt himself doing that? No. Which means he's doing it just fine. If you don't like the way he bumps, fine, that's your call, but he's not doing it wrong from an objective perspective. The point of bumping is to fall without hurting yourself. Cena does that, so he's *technically* very sound indeed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are YOU serious? The times that man lands on his lower back... it hurts ME watching! He's not technically sound

Has he hurt himself doing that? No. Which means he's doing it just fine. If you don't like the way he bumps, fine, that's your call, but he's not doing it wrong from an objective perspective. The point of bumping is to fall without hurting yourself. Cena does that, so he's *technically* very sound indeed.

It does seem a harsh thing to criticise Cena for, considering it hasn't injured him. In some ways I see these little quirks to be welcome. It's better than everyone wrestling and bumping identically. I always liked how Ric Flair always bumped on his side - it didn't seem to harm him or anyone but it was just one of the things that made him stand out. I sometimes think about how easily you could identify a wrestler from a silhouette just by how they move and bump. Some wrestlers, like Cena, are very distinct and I quite like that.

Undertaker is a great shout, unless he's in there with a Triple H or Steve Austin he's the dullest man alive. For decades the bloke had shit matches and feuds with all types. He got moderately entertaining when he changed to a biker, but that all vanished when he returned as the super boring zombie. The guy is a terrible promo too. For all the talk over the years about Hogan and Triple H 'burying' guys, 'Taker gets a free pass, even though he's shown himself to be a right cow on these matters. He's good for one match a year though (as long as he doesn't talk much in the build "WHAT?").

What are you on about? 1999 -2004 the internet was FULL of people bad mouthing Undertaker because they got really upset he "held people back" and left girly tears on their keyboards.

It does seem a harsh thing to criticise Cena for, considering it hasn't injured him. In some ways I see these little quirks to be welcome. It's better than everyone wrestling and bumping identically. I always liked how Ric Flair always bumped on his side - it didn't seem to harm him or anyone but it was just one of the things that made him stand out. I sometimes think about how easily you could identify a wrestler from a silhouette just by how they move and bump. Some wrestlers, like Cena, are very distinct and I quite like that.

Flair only started bumping like that after his plane crash. He said its just how he naturally bumps now, and isn't doing it on purpose, nor capable of changing. I'm surprised he hasn't buggered one of his hips though to be fair landing like that for so long.

Yup. I mentioned this the other day. His Cena feud in 2003 saw a lot of upset online because Dem Wans wanted hot young talent John Cena to win. I can only imagine the reaction nowadays from the same people if Cena beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. And when I imagine that reaction, I get a joyous erection.

Flair only started bumping like that after his plane crash. He said its just how he naturally bumps now, and isn't doing it on purpose, nor capable of changing. I'm surprised he hasn't buggered one of his hips though to be fair landing like that for so long.

I know that, and it does indeed look awkward, but it has become something which is distinctly Flair. My point was, whether on purpose or not, it's not necessarily a bad thing to not do things just like everyone else.

For me, the people I really SHOULD like, but just don't are as follows:

Harley Race - I know he's good. I can see he's good, but he bores me.

Albert Del Rio - does absolutely nothing for me, but again I can see that he is good

Randy Orton - has a good heel presence, which seems to put me to sleep every time

Shiro Koshinaka - has had LOTS of good matches, but I can never get past the stupid butt bump, that annoys the hell out of me

....and the big one.....

Mitsuharu Misawa. Seriously. I have no idea why, but I just can't get into his matches at all. I just find them dull and uninteresting even though I can see they are really good. For that matter, as much as I like 1980s All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH, I really can't get into the 'classic' All Japan 1990s stuff. Really doesn't gel with me at all. I just find the main events go on way too long for my taste and consist of too much 'get hit by devastating move, get up, carry on, rinse and repeat' for my tastes.

Archived