You know you should like them...

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Lesnar's first run, for me. Mechanically he was fine, but he lacked the passion and the creative spark to make it mean anything. For as much as some people rave about his intensity, there were far too any ocassions where he'd go out and just go through the motions. Facially, he looked lost at times. His run as a face was beyond terrible. He was the victim of some woeful booking at points, and he had improved massively towards the end of his run (he looked the real deal in his Smackdown matches with Rey and Benoit towards the end of 2003) but given that he only had a two year run to judge him on, those few months aren't enough for me to see why he's so highly rated.

That said, I'm very excited about his return now. In his promo from Monday's Raw he came off more intense and dangerous than he ever did before. I believe in him now. I just hope come bell-time he stays focused, because the moment he starts to lose interest and look bored in there will be the moment I do the same, again.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial... but John Cena I liked him as a mid-carder and up until he got drafted to RAW in 2005 but then we saw him majorly over pushed ploughing through the entire roster Christian, Jericho, Angle, Edge, Michaels, Triple H for example. I just hated it and it caused me to move away from wrestling in 2006-2007.

Bryan Danielson I used to go on really smarky forums and they were typical work-rate perverts. They bigged up him so much that I thought he'd be incredible. Instead I've watched some of his 'classic' ROH bouts and over than a few hard kicks and real elbows to the face they aren't that good. Saying that he's really grown on me in the WWE the past few months.

Randy Orton never really liked the guy till he had an outstanding year in 2011.

Jeff Hardy. I just don't understand the popularity at all. Shit promos, shit in-ring and I don't buy into the supposed charisma he has. I can see why he would appeal to fat emo girls but I geniunely don't know why anybody else would find him likable. He's my least favourite WWE headliner ever.

Controversial... but John Cena I liked him as a mid-carder and up until he got drafted to RAW in 2005 but then we saw him majorly over pushed ploughing through the entire roster Christian, Jericho, Angle, Edge, Michaels, Triple H for example. I just hated it and it caused me to move away from wrestling in 2006-2007.

What exactly is controversial about that?

Jeff Hardy. I just don't understand the popularity at all. Shit promos, shit in-ring and I don't buy into the supposed charisma he has. I can see why he would appeal to fat emo girls but I geniunely don't know why anybody else would find him likable. He's my least favourite WWE headliner ever.

I cant believe I forgot about him actually, I cant stand the guy. Even when he was in the tag feuds at the turn of the century I thought he was good in tables and ladder matches but take away the gimmick matches and he doesnt do anything at all for me.

Everyone who said Dusty Rhodes shouldn't be allowed to watch wrestling.

I watched Great American Bash 1988 a few weeks back. In his match with Barry Windham, Rhodes sells Windham's claw hold for about 6 minutes continuously. It sounds awful but this performance has to be seen to be believed. By the time he escapes, the crowd are going nuts. Far from a boring rest spot, this to me proved how awesome Rhodes could be.

What exactly is controversial about that?

John Cena is well liked on here.

• Paid Members
Seen a few for Edge. Have to agree. There's never been a single facet of Edge that I enjoyed. I didn't bum his matches, couldn't bare his character, could bare his leggings, couldn't bare his promos, just couldn't bare him. Even more when he was a main eventer. I really didn't see him as a legitimate one, and it's amazing that he's had about 170 world title reigns when I still see him as total mid card.

I was going to say Edge as well, but this pretty much sums it up.

Same with Chris Jericho for me really.

As a kid, I was a bit biased against any of the 'new generation' types. Because I only got Sky in 1993, I was so bitter that all the stars that all the kids in school were raving on about, were quickly replaced by bland wrestlers seemingly overnight. Shawn Michaels falls into this category, although strangely enough I always liked Bret.

I cant believe I forgot about him actually, I cant stand the guy. Even when he was in the tag feuds at the turn of the century I thought he was good in tables and ladder matches but take away the gimmick matches and he doesnt do anything at all for me.

Yes, a great shout that I can't believe I also forgot. I don't think he's a bad wrestler - he's been involved in a lot of matches that I've enjoyed, the latest being at Lockdown - but I absolutely agree with the other criticisms here. He's certainly dreadful on the mic, and I'm somewhat old school in that I like wrestlers to look like wrestlers - I don't mean they necessarily have to be grizzled, 280lb 50-year olds with solid pot bellies, mutton chops and jailhouse tattoos on their forearms, but I think it's good for them to look in some way physically tough or imposing, even the chickenshit heels. Especially someone competing at the top end of the heavyweight division.

Hardy has never had that look, and even when he bulked up a bit later in his career he still had the socks on his arms and the painted fingernails and the sort of stuff that told you he'd never last 2 minutes in a bar fight. I remember the internet fans crying when Triple H squashed him in an IC title rematch back in 2001, but I always had the view that it was ridiculous to try and portray any other outcome of someone who looked like Hardy at that time getting in a fight with somebody who looked like HHH.

Lex Luger...I hated the way he sold and he was just plain terrible in the ring.

Sid...hate his version of the powerbomb (Jacknife sooo much better).

Mick Foley...I agree with Flair he's a glorified stuntman, entertaining in that sense to some people I suppose but I much prefer a WRESTLEr who can WRESTLE.

John Cena...hate the way he wrestles, he looks stiff posture wise in the ring which really fustrates me and he can't take a proper bump either.

Batista...Big guy who isn't all that when it comes to actual in-ring wrestling. Looks good but is totally bland.

Lex Luger...I hated the way he sold and he was just plain terrible in the ring.

Sid...hate his version of the powerbomb (Jacknife sooo much better).

Mick Foley...I agree with Flair he's a glorified stuntman, entertaining in that sense to some people I suppose but I much prefer a WRESTLEr who can WRESTLE.

John Cena...hate the way he wrestles, he looks stiff posture wise in the ring which really fustrates me and he can't take a proper bump either.

Batista...Big guy who isn't all that when it comes to actual in-ring wrestling. Looks good but is totally bland.

Are you just s smark-random-opinion generator? Come back when you've got opinions you didn't read on rajah.com.

• Paid Members

A few replies in here not really in the spirit of the OP, just "here are some people I don't like, and why." Ignoring the brief, gets you a B- at best in my book.

Archived