UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier

Rey_Piste

With only about a month away for this event and one of my favourite fighters headlining I'm looking froward to this show, it also has a pretty decent undercard.

Main card

Featherweight bout: South Korea Chan Sung Jung vs. United States Dustin Poirier

Welterweight bout: United States Amir Sadollah vs. United States Jorge Lopez

Lightweight bout: United States Donald Cerrone vs. United States Jeremy Stephens

Bantamweight bout: Haiti Yves Jabouin vs. United States Jeff Hougland

Light Heavyweight bout: Croatia Igor Pokrajac vs. Brazil Fabio Maldonado

Middleweight bout: Canada Jason MacDonald vs. United States Tom Lawlor

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Lightweight bout: United States Cody McKenzie vs. United States Aaron Riley

Middleweight bout: United States Brad Tavares vs. South Korea Dongi Yang

Lightweight bout: Canada TJ Grant vs. Brazil Carlo Prater

Lightweight bout: Brazil Rafael dos Anjos vs. Iran Kamal Shalorus

Bantamweight bout: United States Jeff Curran vs. Brazil Johnny Eduardo

Bantamweight bout: Mexico Alex Soto vs. Russia Azamat Gashimov

• Paid Members

Looks like another really strong card.

Zombie/Poirier, I'd have thought that fight would decide the next title contender at 145lbs. But Aldo's pencilled in to headline UFC 149 in July and with this fight being in mid May it's a pretty quick turnaround. It's one of them fights where the winner is likely to be banged up so I'm not sure what they're planning here. The winner of this fight makes the most sense to challenge Aldo I reckon.

It has the ingredients of a cracking fight though. Poirier's looked fucking awesome in racking up wins on the prelims. A dangerous mix of solid striking and slick submission skills. To look at him fight you wouldn't think he was so young, he seems like a seasoned fighter. Zombie's the type of guy who will go all out for the finish in every position and aswell as being pretty flashy he's been known to take risks. Should make for a great main event.

Rest of the card looks excellent. I'm especially looking forward to Cerrone vs Stephens. Can't see anyway that won't deliver. Pokrajac/Maldonado should be good too, both heavy handed and like to throw bombs.

The prelims that stand out most for me are Dos Anjos/Shalorus and Riley/McKenzie. I'm a bit of a Dos Anjos fan and I'd like to see him make some headway in the division. Got a feeling Riley/McKenzie could be a bit of a sleeper.

Would love to see Zombie win, Aldo vs Zombie would be a fight that would attract a lot of attention to 145lbs die to the popularity of Zombie. I have heard big things about Poitier though.

From I have heard if they are both banges up Koch gets the shot in July.

• Paid Members

my gut instinct says Porieir will destroy The Zombie. I thin i dismiss the Zombie's skill's though, i think he's shown since the initial Garcia bout that there's more to him than a brawler, so i think he'll probably shock me and do pretty well here, i'd still drop money on Poirier to win it though.

Quick scan over the main card and Pokrajac/Maldonado stands out to me, that's gonna be a war. Cowboy/Stephens too, great fight.

my gut instinct says Porieir will destroy The Zombie. I thin i dismiss the Zombie's skill's though, i think he's shown since the initial Garcia bout that there's more to him than a brawler, so i think he'll probably shock me and do pretty well here, i'd still drop money on Poirier to win it though.

I;ve been a fan of Zombie ever since I saw him in WEC and whilst he can be a bit of a brawler he has one punch knockout power which can be seen when he KOed Hominick in 7 seconds as well as a brilliant ground game with his Twister submission on Garcia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is nearly upon us. Next Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to Zombie vs Poirier even more the closer it gets. I've got a feeling Poirier will take it by stoppage but who knows? Zombie's a wacky character in the cage and he's hard to predict. Winner fights for the title later this year most likely so a big fight.

And since Tom Lawlor's one the card, just seen this excellent highlight of his antics from entrances and weigh ins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=JXnwUWWot1E

• Paid Members

This is just 2 days away now and it's a tidy card. Surprisingly little discussion in here have people forgot about this? I think Zombie/Poirier, Cerrone/Stephens and Pokrajac/Maldonado could all be fantastic fights. Main card looks top drawer and some nice prelims too. Them 3 fights stand out to me though. Can't wait. This on ESPN again? Thought I read somewhere that this will be on 24 hour delay again is that right? If so I guess we'll get it live on ufc.tv again like the Sweden show.

This is just 2 days away now and it's a tidy card. Surprisingly little discussion in here have people forgot about this? I think Zombie/Poirier, Cerrone/Stephens and Pokrajac/Maldonado could all be fantastic fights. Main card looks top drawer and some nice prelims too. Them 3 fights stand out to me though. Can't wait. This on ESPN again? Thought I read somewhere that this will be on 24 hour delay again is that right? If so I guess we'll get it live on ufc.tv again like the Sweden show.

It's live on ESPN.

• Paid Members

i'm excited for this, the main card looks like a winner from top to bottom. Cerrone/Stephens is a fight with little hype going in which is surprising considering Cerrone was all the rage before the Nate Diaz fight, if Stephens comes forward like he tends to do the majority of the time it's gonna be an insane fight.Maldonado/Pokrajac will more than likely be in with a shot for fight of the night too, 2 iron chinned brawlers that fight aggresively, he can't not be good.

Archived