Question about stamps.

Pier Six Brawler

I know a 1st class stamp I buy today will be good to send a letter first class after the prices go up. I'm just wondering about using them to make up postage on larger items.

I've also wondered about buying in bulk and then selling on ebay after the price rise. Even if you split the difference and sell at 7p per stamp profit, minus ebay fees and postage you could still make a tidy profit.

• Paid Members
I've also wondered about buying in bulk and then selling on ebay after the price rise. Even if you split the difference and sell at 7p per stamp profit, minus ebay fees and postage you could still make a tidy profit.

I didn't know that they didn't have the price on them - shit, speculate away.

Mass buying is a fair shout as 1st and 2nd Class stamps are known as NVI or Non Value Indicator stamps. They are worth whatever the current price is.

You find a lot of stamp collectors on Ebay and the like posting stuff with stamps from the 80s for the same reason.

• Paid Members
I gonna doubt it, or the speculation on stamps would be an absolute nightmare, right?

Some of the stores in the company I work for are looking to buy 12 months worth in to make the saving.

• Paid Members
When stamps go up next month, with a 1st class stamp going from 46p to 60p, will a 1st class stamp I buy today be worth 60p towards the sending of a parcel next month?

As long as it just says "1st" and doesn't have 46p on it.

Archived