LEGENDS SHOW - FINALY COLLINS LIVERPOOL LADS SUPERFLYS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds line a cracking night and 1 which should have had Croydon rocking.

How many were there?

Was Mick McManus there?

I would think there were probably about 400-500 in attendance and the atmosphere was great with hardly a moments slience form the start to the finish. Unfortunately Mick McManus wasn't there, it was announced that he is now into his 90s and didn't feel well enough to attend, but he will be at the British Wrestlers Reunion in August.

I can't think of a better sounding lineup in recent memory.

Yes, you missed a treat. In my opinion it had a real old school All Star feel, with far less working to the crowd and more focus on constant in-ring action. The Finlay/Collins match alone was a masterclass with Danny heeling it up in a reverse of their classic feud of the past. Good to see Rob Brookside acknowledging Jimmy Ocean's last match at the end as well and Doc Dean being mentioned by Saraya.

Where else could you see a ring full of kids dancing with Dave Finlay to Boney M? :)

Sounds like a great show. I would love somebody to do a joint Rocco-Finlay shoot interview, with maybe some of there matches included is this at all feasable before Fit goes back to the States and I think Rocco lives in Spain? Also, I can't see any of their matches on Youtube or anywhere, were they on TV or were they all for All Star when they wern't on ITV? Does anyone have any Rocco v Finlay footage out there?

Its feasible that they could have clashed earlier in their careers but their most recent run of matches was for All Star and happened, I believe around 1990/91 which was after wrestling finished on ITV. It's possible they could have been on opposite sides in some Reslo matches from S4C with Orig Williams promoting but I don't recall seeing any off the top of my head.

Its a real shame that so many strong 90's British feuds and matches like Rocco/Finlay, Brookside/Dean, Superflys/Liverpool Lads and appearances by the likes of Mongolian Mauler are not documented.

Archived