LEGENDS SHOW - FINALY COLLINS LIVERPOOL LADS SUPERFLYS

50 years ago - November 1962 the only and only Mick McManus topped the bill at the very first Wrestling Spectacular at Croydon's Fairfield Halls. The shows were so popular at one time they were held every Tuesday at 8pm.

In the 1960's and early 1970's most cities and towns had weekly Professional Wrestling.Indeed in the larger cities there were often two or three events per week all packed with fans

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks to be one of the UK shows of the year on paper. I was fortunate to live in Bristol at the height of Collins career and catch his feuds with the likes of Rocco and Finlay and if the Finlay/Collins match is even half as good as their previous meetings it will be a should worth the price of admission alone.Sorry to hear this is Jimmy Ocean's final in-ring appearance but will be good to witness it in person. He's seemingly often forgotten in discussions, perhaps because he hasn't been as active as others, but for my money was one of the best lightweights in the country of the past 25 years.

Have to agree comments on Jimmy Ocean right up there with the best imo and yes i am biased.

This looks to be one of the UK shows of the year on paper. I was fortunate to live in Bristol at the height of Collins career and catch his feuds with the likes of Rocco and Finlay and if the Finlay/Collins match is even half as good as their previous meetings it will be a should worth the price of admission alone.

Sorry to hear this is Jimmy Ocean's final in-ring appearance but will be good to witness it in person. He's seemingly often forgotten in discussions, perhaps because he hasn't been as active as others, but for my money was one of the best lightweights in the country of the past 25 years.

Have to agree comments on Jimmy Ocean right up there with the best imo and yes i am biased.

Jimmy Ocean was brilliant! Think he only made one appearance on WOS (actually after WOS, But still on TV) He was a one man bump machine & sold like a prostitute :)

This looks to be one of the UK shows of the year on paper. I was fortunate to live in Bristol at the height of Collins career and catch his feuds with the likes of Rocco and Finlay and if the Finlay/Collins match is even half as good as their previous meetings it will be a should worth the price of admission alone.

Sorry to hear this is Jimmy Ocean's final in-ring appearance but will be good to witness it in person. He's seemingly often forgotten in discussions, perhaps because he hasn't been as active as others, but for my money was one of the best lightweights in the country of the past 25 years.

Jimmy Ocean was brilliant! Think he only made one appearance on WOS (actually after WOS, But still on TV) He was a one man bump machine & sold like a prostitute :)

Saw The Hooligans at an All Star event a couple of months ago and they reminded me so much of the Superflys with their crowd riling antics and bumping all over the place for their opponents.

Loved Ocean's cameo on Robbie Brookside's 'Video Diaries' too. Him trying to be the voice of reason before Ricky flies off the handle and yells at the Liverpool Lads to 'Gerroutt!!' of the locker room before Ocean goes 'Yeah, fuck off' in a really calm, matter-of-fact way and slams the door.

Awesome!

he made three actually, v Ivan Trevors, from huddersfield, Rumble from same show and v Greg Valentine from Rickmansworth, last tv taping. He was once labelled the mini Rocco and i think that is a good description of his work.

he made three actually, v Ivan Trevors, from huddersfield, Rumble from same show and v Greg Valentine from Rickmansworth, last tv taping. He was once labelled the mini Rocco and i think that is a good description of his work.

Yeah great worker. I loved the promo the Superflys have just done to promote the Legends show, Genuinley look like they could not wait to get down there & kick some scouse arse! :thumbsup:

Yeah great worker. I loved the promo the Superflys have just done to promote the Legends show, Genuinley look like they could not wait to get down there & kick some scouse arse! :thumbsup:

You better believe it bud, with the best manageress of the last 25years Sweet Saraya in our corner there is only one winner.

For the LEGENDS PARADE portion of the evening, The Reunion for its part, has arranged personal visits from the following Legendary superstars that have graced this ring over the last half century, which will include four former World Champions making rare public appearances : 'JUDO' PETE ROBERTS ,WAYNE BRIDGES with bodybuilding Champion and Olympic Judge : SARAH BRIDGES, TONY 'BANGER' WALSH, JOHNNY SAINT, JACKIE TURPIN, STEVE VEIDOR ( subject to final confirmation), TONY TITCH WHITE, MARK 'ROLLERBALL' ROCCO, MEL STUART, TOM THUMB : NEIL EVANS, BILLY LA RUE, 'SUPERSTAR' MAL SANDERS, MICK MCMANUS, JOE D'ORAZIO, plus other great Legends that may appear.

There will be photo and autograph opportunities plus this section will feature a question and answer segment addressed by some of the wrestlers above.

Furthermore, there will be a visit from former wrestling Champion and now movie legend who hails from Croydon, once voted the world's greatest movie villain of all time : DARTH VADER himself : DAVE PROWSE MBE who is spearheading a National Government campaign to raise awareness of early prostrate and bowel cancer detection, having been struck down by this disease and thankfully fully recovered. Dave was also well known for his 14 year road safety campaign as the GREEN CROSS CODE MAN on TV where he was reputed to have indirectly saved the lives of 65,000 children, earning him a well deserved MBE form Her Majesty the Queen.

From britishwrestlersreunion.com

According to Allstar website.

Fit Finlay v Danny Collins

Superflys v Liverpool Lads

Zebra Kid v Rene Dupree

Zak Knight v James Mason

Dean XTreme v Jonny Storm

Plus a parade of legends, including the great man Mick McManus

Any results from this show and which older wrestlers turned up?

James Mason bt Zebra Kid

Rene Dupree bt Zac Zodiac

Fit Finlay bt Danny Collins

Dean Xtreme bt Jonny Storm

Liverpool Lads bt Superflys

A very strong show from top to bottom. There were other legends in attendance but the five presented in ring to fans were Johnny Saint, Wayne Bridges, 'Super Destroyer' Pete Roberts, Mel Stuart and 'Rollerball' Marc Rocco.

Archived