Raw Discussion 12th March 2012

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

To most of the audience, Rock wasnt entertaining for five seconds, though. They are always into his stuff. Cena isnt drawing that buyrate at WrestleMania with anyone else. The average person finds the Rock funny. He's not doing an awful lot for me if I'm honest, but I totally appreciate that he's head and shoulders above the rest of the roster as far as being a difference maker is concerned. This years WrestleMania will be huge. People like the Rock.

And Mickfans Dad usually thinks its shite these days. As I said, he used to watch it before. Which is the audience WWE is obviously trying to target with is 1999 based promos this week.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just an example of how The Rock can entertain non-fans. I get entirely where mickfan is coming from. He wasn't saying his dad is gonna buy Mania as he thought Rocky was amusing he said it got a chuckle off his dad. Now imagine in that situation Cena was cutting his typical every week promo "I love my job, I love the fans, this is my life" then I am certain it wouldn't get the same.

Rock is brilliant. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand. He appeals to all fans and IS the greatest of all time.

Also if someone mentions buyrates and then MITB buyrate and how it was shit. Then can they be banned from the forum? The topic of buyrates comes up on what seems like the majority of topics.

• Paid Members
Because every other time it's on he says "turn that shite off".

My Dad says that as well. I say that when I go over my brothers and he's got it on as well. But I'll be buying WrestleMania. I bet a lot of those 1.3 million (well, thats the target) who they expect are buying Mania say "turn that shite off" 11 months out of the year as well. You only have to look at the quarter hour ratings to see that. Wrestling hasnt been must watch in years.

Thats why they've brought the Rock, Triple H, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels back.

• Paid Members
Also if someone mentions buyrates and then MITB buyrate and how it was shit. Then can they be banned from the forum? The topic of buyrates comes up on what seems like the majority of topics.

Also we should ban people who go into the football threads and point out that the teams that don't score any goals aren't very good at winning leagues.

Serious question; Is Ziggler's name holding him back? Even when talking about wrestling to wrestling fans I can't bring myself to say his name out loud because it's too embarrassing. I just refer to him as Dolph.

I never buy this when main eventers have included Big Show, Undertaker, The Rock, Triple H, etc. I think they're all equally as bad to a casual fan

• Paid Members
Rock wasnt even the greatest of his generation, let alone of all time.

Not disagreeing (although I think there were few better at making their stuff look like it had real impact), but just out of interest, who would you rate as the best guys of that generation? Austin's gotta be a given, but who else?

Brodus being back was a nice surprise. The black gear is disappointing though.

The big question is, why does it have a silhouette of three johnnies on it!?

RAW_981_Photo_052.jpg

I thought it was a Funkasaurus' favourite food, Butternut Squash..... absolutly no pun intended at all!

• Paid Members

Austin was the man of that era. It was only the other night I was watching a few videos on youtube of that early 98 period. I'd forgotten just how massive he was at the time. Its something seeing that No Way Out match. I dont think there was ever a person more over ever than Austin was on that night. He was a special performer in his prime. There wasn't much in it between Rock and Austin, because the Rock in 2000 might have out did him. But Austin was the one that set the WWF on fire. As clich

Serious question; Is Ziggler's name holding him back?

No.

Even when talking about wrestling to wrestling fans I can't bring myself to say his name out loud because it's too embarrassing. I just refer to him as Dolph.

Wrestlers have always had laughable names. Macho Man Randy Savage is an absolute joke of a name, but it didn't hold him back. CM Punk is a stupid name, and it doesn't hold him back. It's not like the lad's called Dolph Gaylord..

To most of the audience, Rock wasnt entertaining for five seconds, though. They are always into his stuff. Cena isnt drawing that buyrate at WrestleMania with anyone else. The average person finds the Rock funny.

WWE best hope so. But the world's in a sorry state if that many people really are laughing at the fiftieth "ladyparts" and "Kung Pow Bitch" reference as they're watching it on telly.

Archived