Job Interviews in a Car

Forrest

Right, I have a job interview tomorrow which is being conducted inside someone's car, because the company is a door-to-door company with no permanent abode. Has anyone ever had this before? I actually know some who has, but it wasn't exactly plain sailing. Some reassurance would be lovely

Discuss stranger danger and bizarre job interviews. And volunteer to spy from a nearby hedge for me?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarrely, it's selling Fruit. It was a vacancy from the Job Centre, but it's still not filling me with confidence. That said, anything that gives a forum full of people who shag their cousin and do poos sitting on the porcelain rim the creeps can't be fucking good at all.

From your description, I'd guess that you're going to work an entire day (or from whenever your interview is scheduled) shadowing the guy "interviewing" you as he does his fruit selling, and then at the end of it he'll ask if you want the job or not. Most of those companies at least want a free day's graft off you regardless of if you take the job or not. Shitloads of people I know have gone on these in the past, so I wouldn't worry about getting raped. Much.

Archived