Show in The Philippines featuring all ex-WWE wrestlers

Snitsky's back acne

Results from last night in Manila....

Colt Cabana was the Ring Announcer/Host for the evening.

Jimmy Yang pinned Billy Gunn

Hurricane Helms defeated Shawn Daivari

Melina pinned Jillian Hall

Rhino pinned Luke Gallows

Carlito beat Snitsky

MVP defeated Chris Masters

John Morrison pinned Shelton Benjamin

Show drew about 1,200 fans in a building designed to hold about 15,000.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I almost bought plane tickets for Manila going on February 1st. If I'd known about this show I might have gone. Or....nah. Not really a super line-up, for me anyway.

Poor draw. Less then 10% of the arena. Not too surprising. Wrestling isn't that big a deal over there. They know about Batista because he's got pinoy blood, but otherwise there isn't much wrestling on TV last time I was there. There was some WWE on cabel and I also think I saw TNA on an more obscure TV channel, but most people in the Philippines just watch their local non-cabel channels ABS-CBN & GMA which doesn't feature wrestling.

It was more popular before. Even New Japan had cards there in the 80's drawing alleged crowds of 25,000 several times.

--PUNQ--

• Paid Members

This struck me as a really odd match for some reason, especially to have Jimmy Yang go over.

Not that odd if they were both doing their cowboy gimmicks.

This struck me as a really odd match for some reason, especially to have Jimmy Yang go over.

Not that odd if they were both doing their cowboy gimmicks.

Could be as simple as happy race-based result. He was the only eastern-asian on the card thats held in that area. Jimmy Yang is half Korean which is not that far from the Philippines. And there are loads of Koreans doing business and going to school in the Philippines. A very close working relationship between the nations. Which might help explain it. Plus its not that long ago Jimmy Yang got a push in All Japan either winning the junior heavyweight league there in 2010, so its not like he's out of the loop as far as winning matches.

--PUNQ--

Sweet Billy G always worked well with smaller guys, he had a real nice match with Jamie Noble at a Smackdown PPV many years back.

Archived