WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 23/1/2012

Cobra1000

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing it could really mean, is that both World Champions are allowed to enter The Rumble this year, which unless they are planning to have one of them win the thing and have a unification match at Mania, is stupid.

I think your right here, apparently a graphic was shown about this with Punk on it? so it must mean the current champions can enter.

I hope this may have something to do with a build up towards a Jericho/Punk Feud with Jericho eliminating Punk. But knowing the WWE, they could have Punk/Bryan win the bloody thing and use it as an 'extra life' type of thing.

Meant to say, I loved the Jericho segment this week. The pop when he actually spoke was amazing, using the wording from the videos too suggests there is more to come from that front.

I think he is my favourite to win the Rumble, but even if he doesnt I really can't wait to see where this is going, just that little line was all it needed for this week. I assume next Monday is where it'll properly start to unravel.

Meant to say, I loved the Jericho segment this week. The pop when he actually spoke was amazing, using the wording from the videos too suggests there is more to come from that front.

I think he is my favourite to win the Rumble, but even if he doesnt I really can't wait to see where this is going, just that little line was all it needed for this week. I assume next Monday is where it'll properly start to unravel.

He'd be my favourite too if I weren't so adamant that he was going to face the Undertaker at this year's 'Mania. I've heard rumours that it will be Hunter/Taker III but I can't see it personally.

I'd rather see Undertaker/Jericho, not that I'd be opposed to seeing Trips/Taker again, but I reckon Jericho could produce some epic mic work in the build up for it to work. We know Undertaker's not losing, so it's not about being a threat as such, it's just about building anticipation for an epic match, which i'd be confident Jericho and Undertaker could do.

Your theory could have more credence too with Triple H coming back next week to be interjected into the Lauranitus/Punk saga, I've been thinking, and what if Triple H alligns himself with Big Johnny next week, and the WrestleMania match is actually Punk vs. Triple H for the belt instead. It'd be a bit random if Triple H came out next week to fire Laurinitus and Undertaker attacks him or something.

• Paid Members
I've heard rumours that it will be Hunter/Taker III but I can't see it personally.

Why? They more or less said so last year and at the Slammy Awards. If it isnt Triple H and Undertaker, who would it be? Jericho and Punk looks like its a definite.

The match seems set in stone for me. HHH vs Taker with Michaels as the referee.

I've heard rumours that it will be Hunter/Taker III but I can't see it personally.

Why? They more or less said so last year and at the Slammy Awards. If it isnt Triple H and Undertaker, who would it be?

The match seems set in stone for me. HHH vs Taker with Michaels as the referee.

There is certainly logic to what you are saying but the comment Triple H made doesn't set it in stone.

• Paid Members

Undertaker ended Michaels career, so the question mark of whether Shawn would side with his best friend would put the result in doubt with the PPV buying audience. Especially if the build was as good as it was last year.

there would have been something surely last week in that 6 Man Tag Match to hint at it?

Not really. They arent going to give it away on a live Raw. This Sunday "the world ends" apparently. Punk's the "Best in the World" so he says. That world he talks about is coming to an end, because the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES is going to put him in his place.

Unless I'm reading more into that, than what is already there.

I'm really not as convinced about it being Punk vs Jericho as everyone else...

there would have been something surely last week in that 6 Man Tag Match to hint at it?

Why? Jericho has given nothing so far since his return, we still have absolutely no idea why he's back. He's keeping his cards very close to his chest as he seemingly has some sort of plan, in kayfabe terms, why would he ruin that by doing something that would make Punk think he was coming for him etc.

Undertaker ended Michaels career, so the question mark of whether Shawn would side with his best friend would put the result in doubt with the PPV buying audience. Especially if the build was as good as it was last year.

They don't need to do that though, with the way the match ended last year, there is more than enough there to build on for the rematch, without the addition of Shawn. It probably would be entertaining, but it's not necessary. Dunno, to me an Undertaker WrestleMania match with a special referee just seems like overkill.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels is a big star. Having him on WrestleMania not only makes sense, but it makes the show more appealing and also adds to a possibly stale storyline thats already been done. Its not like they are making Jesse Ventura the referee. Michaels ties in with the past 3 WrestleManias. He's as much apart of the history of this match as the other two. It looks like thats definitely the way they are going. I hope it is as well.

Archived