WWE Raw Discussion Thread - 23/1/2012

Cobra1000

So the big story heading into the Rumble is, who will big Brodus Clay face off in a dance-off tonight on Monday Night Raw? This is the big go home show before the Rumble for Raw guys so i'm expecting a lot to happen. We'll hopefully see...

some Rumble hype with various Superstars

Chris Jericho not speaking...

CM Punk, Mick Foley, Dolph Ziggler and John Laurinitus all involved in something.

Cena embracing the hate from Kane

Jack Swagger with his new All American American United States Championship perhaps in a rematch with Zack Ryder

the UKFF Chat in full swing

what else do you expect to see and are you hyped up? I feel im too excited for this week of wrestling in WWE leading up to the Rumble...

discuss...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it'll be a decent episode tonight. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Kane and Cena as well as Brodus. I'll probably Sky + and watch it in the morning can't stick sitting through all the ads and the shitty matches. Can't wait for the Rumble.

Cant say im too hyped for Raw. The last 2 weeks have been some of my least favourite in a long time. 2 weeks ago was generally rubbish other than Brodus Clay, with all that Kane/Cena shite and last week was awful until the last segment (tag match main event and the punk - jonny ace promo). My interest in WWE hasnt been this low for a long time so Im really hoping the rumble was be the start of them shifting it up a gear as the road to Mania begins.

Cant say im too hyped for Raw. The last 2 weeks have been some of my least favourite in a long time. 2 weeks ago was generally rubbish other than Brodus Clay, with all that Kane/Cena shite and last week was awful until the last segment (tag match main event and the punk - jonny ace promo). My interest in WWE hasnt been this low for a long time so Im really hoping the rumble was be the start of them shifting it up a gear as the road to Mania begins.

Totally confused by this post. The last two weeks have been the best RAW's in god knows how long. :confused:

I can sympathise with the episode where Brodus debuted. The Kane/Cena stuff was hokey and if I remember correctly, it started off with a boring Kane promo. The 'embrace the hate' idea is pretty good but Kane has been guff.

The episode revolving mostly around Ryder and Cena where Lauranaitus booked the two in a match together was a better episode and that was pretty recent. Last week's episode was really good I thought.

Totally confused by this post. The last two weeks have been the best RAW's in god knows how long. :confused:

Totally agree WWE are getting so much right this year across the board enjoyed Raw, Smackdown and NXT this week because they were fun, something that had been missing. Their is so much good original stuff going on.

Totally agree WWE are getting so much right this year across the board enjoyed Raw, Smackdown and NXT this week because they were fun, something that had been missing. Their is so much good original stuff going on.

I honestly haven't thought an episode of any WWE show, barring NXT, has been poor since around November.

Wow, they've seriously written Ryder off the show. Saying he has a broken back? They can't just bring him back in 6 weeks, HBK was out for 4 years with a broken back, and they went out of the way to point out the severity of the injury. Is he getting future endeavoured? If not, they've kinda written themselves into the corner here.

Are we allowed spoilers in here?

Anyhow avoiding those as much as possible - that show lost one PPV buy from me. Only thing I'm interested in now is the Jericho appearance and the three way. Watching it last night for me killed whatever Cena Kane had (either do stupid comedy or serious - not both at the same time) and Ziggler Punk dead (erm so what the fuck was going on all night with that after last week's greatness).

They've got to plot a path in the Rumble to being a monster contender not just comedy for Brutas Clay as it's getting old quickly - looked like Ashley Banjo's Secret Street Crew (advertised in the adverts). Regal was gold on commentary with the Grandmaster Flash reference and pointing he couldn't even get his trousers off.

Although JL line about talent relations being the dark ages was pretty funny given the decline in the roster and ratings since he took over.

Wow, they've seriously written Ryder off the show. Saying he has a broken back? They can't just bring him back in 6 weeks, HBK was out for 4 years with a broken back, and they went out of the way to point out the severity of the injury. Is he getting future endeavoured? If not, they've kinda written themselves into the corner here.

Got a feeling 30 days might be coming!!

Archived