WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 1/20/2012

ThePhenom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So where are the mugs that said Daniel Bryan can't cut a promo and doesn't have charisma?

Yeah, absolutely. I was dumbstruck by people thinking that the 'geek' Daniel Bryan character was his limit and that he had no personality. He was written to come out all smiley and be a geek. He'd shown what he could do in NXT when he decked Cole (not to mention in ROH).

• Paid Members
Can I just say, I fucking hate WWE cage match rules, and the logic behind this one is particularly naff. Daniel Bryan runs away from a match, so Teddy makes him prove himself as champion by putting him in a match where the object is to run away. Great payoff. But I guess the undercard isn't what sells the Rumble PPV.

You win by running away, but the whole point is that he is trapped inside the cage with two giant blokes who who want to beat the vegan snacks out of him. He won't be able to run away, he's stuck in there this time until he wins or loses the match fairly.

This would be fine and dandy if it were a proper cage match where the cage is there to stop guys running away. But the object of WWE cage matches is to run away. And he's not trapped, they open the bloody doors for them. It's such a shit, shit stipulation now.

• Paid Members
Can I just say, I fucking hate WWE cage match rules, and the logic behind this one is particularly naff. Daniel Bryan runs away from a match, so Teddy makes him prove himself as champion by putting him in a match where the object is to run away. Great payoff. But I guess the undercard isn't what sells the Rumble PPV.

You win by running away, but the whole point is that he is trapped inside the cage with two giant blokes who who want to beat the vegan snacks out of him. He won't be able to run away, he's stuck in there this time until he wins or loses the match fairly.

This would be fine and dandy if it were a proper cage match where the cage is there to stop guys running away. But the object of WWE cage matches is to run away. And he's not trapped, they open the bloody doors for them. It's such a shit, shit stipulation now.

You can still win by pinfall or submission though? And escaping from the cage is still a lot harder than sliding under the bottom rope and being counted out.

• Paid Members

No it isn't. He can walk through the door, which will be politely held open for him. Climbing over the cage I could just about stomach, but that just kills any point of the cage being there beyond a few spots.

And anyway, if you get counted out, you lose. If you run away from the cage match, you win. They're portraying him as cowardly for running away, then putting him in a match where running away is the object. The whole thing would just make so much more sense if escaping weren't an option - you stop Bryan running away by putting a cage round the ring. Simple and perfect.

Coyrtesy of lordsofpain.net

After dropping the World Heavyweight title months earlier than expected at WWE's December TLC due to a groin injury, Henry was injured once again at Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from Tuscon, AZ.

Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyper-extended knee during his match with the Big Show, which will air tonight on SyFy. Henry, who has dealt with knee problems in the past, threw a punch without properly planting his foot.

A reader who watched the Australian broadcast of SmackDown (which airs a day earlier down under) said it was clear that something went very wrong after Henry collapsed "like he had been shot in the thigh" and immediately exited the ring in pain. They immediately cut to commercial and the match eventually ended in a count out.

According to a script of SmackDown that has been circulating online this week, the original plan was for Daniel Bryan to attack Big Show with a chair. Show was supposed to make a comeback, chokeslam Bryan and leave him laid out. The show would then end with Henry delivering a big splash to Bryan, closing scene being Bryan destroyed in the ring.

Archived