WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 1/20/2012

ThePhenom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It just a shame that WWE do not allow Regal to wrestle more as he is a fine in ring technician.

Ever thought maybe he doesn't want to wrestle as much these days?

Does the casual american audience really give a fuck about Regal nowadays? I love Regal but I'd rather see a younger talent get whatever you want them to acomplish with Regal. Love Regal but I'd be happy now just to see the fucker dance every week.

It just a shame that WWE do not allow Regal to wrestle more as he is a fine in ring technician.

Does the casual american audience really give a fuck about Regal nowadays?

Sadly no.

• Paid Members

Does the casual american audience really give a fuck about Regal nowadays?

Sadly no.

It's not a sad thing. I love Regal but his day in the sun as a money maker is over. Just be glad he even appears on the TV these days. You also missed the rest of my point to make a standard comment we already established you felt.

• Paid Members
Regal still has plenty left in tank as far as wrestling matches are concerned but obviously the WWE think differently.

Because as much as people love a bit of Billy Regal, the majority of fans do not want to see Regal doing long technical european uppercut matches with Daniel Bryan. There good matches but honestly Regal is just a bit part guy in WWE these days. He's like what Val Venis or Bob Holly was like at the end of there runs. Regal is an absolute diamond to have around at the moment because he can work with people like Ambrose in FCW and others on the road and help them improve. Regal has rarely ever been a top-line bloke in WWE, his wrestling matches while very bloody good in the grand scheme of things, really don't matter.

Regal still has plenty left in tank as far as wrestling matches are concerned but obviously the WWE think differently.

It's starting to bother me how much I hate you.

The fact that Regal has been booked to face Daniel Bryan on most the shows on both the last two European tours says a lot.

He does commentary in FCW and on NXT - where he openly criticises all the rookies faults, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives his honest opinion on FCW too. His best asset these days is helping the younger guys, that doesn't always have to mean having matches with them. And as a performer (not wrestler) he still can entertain, as shown on Smackdown, but you can't have him do that every week.

Given how he got some really good face reactions on NXT despite not having turned babyface on TV, I'd say that the crowd *could* care about him, given half a chance. Anyone saying that he should be going out and having twenty minute matches on TV each week is clearly a mental (though I'd enjoy it), but assuming he would want to, there is more that they could do with him than having him show up once in a blue moon.

I do agree with the Regal/Venis comparison, but they were getting 5-10 minutes on the B-Shows at the end of their runs, where as Regal gets essentially nothing. Granted, it could well be his choice, but that's not really been documented either way.

• Paid Members

Can I just say, I fucking hate WWE cage match rules, and the logic behind this one is particularly naff. Daniel Bryan runs away from a match, so Teddy makes him prove himself as champion by putting him in a match where the object is to run away. Great payoff. But I guess the undercard isn't what sells the Rumble PPV.

Can I just say, I fucking hate WWE cage match rules, and the logic behind this one is particularly naff. Daniel Bryan runs away from a match, so Teddy makes him prove himself as champion by putting him in a match where the object is to run away. Great payoff. But I guess the undercard isn't what sells the Rumble PPV.

You win by running away, but the whole point is that he is trapped inside the cage with two giant blokes who who want to beat the vegan snacks out of him. He won't be able to run away, he's stuck in there this time until he wins or loses the match fairly.

Regal has hardly ever been taken seriously in WWE because he does the funny bastard so well. With the exception of his GM Darth Vader run in 2008 all his 'serious' runs were fucking shit. Late 2001/2002 and that shitehouse tag team with Dave Taylor.

Pull the other one, that Dave Taylor team produced a ton of good matches with Londrick and the Mexicools.

Dave Taylor is even more boring than Finlay. That tag team was terrible, apart from that bit when they were scared of heights in the ladder match.

It just a shame that you are such an idiot.

Regal has hardly ever been taken seriously in WWE because he does the funny bastard so well. With the exception of his GM Darth Vader run in 2008 all his 'serious' runs were fucking shit. Late 2001/2002 and that shitehouse tag team with Dave Taylor.

Pull the other one, that Dave Taylor team produced a ton of good matches with Londrick and the Mexicools.

Dave Taylor is even more boring than Finlay. That tag team was terrible

You're wrong. There we go, even steven.

Archived