WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 1/20/2012

ThePhenom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

SmackDown was a fun show this week- it was full of gimmick matches but I don't think there's any harm in that as it's not something they do all the time. It made for a nice variety show this week.

I thought Santino and Drew did really well in the blindfold match- it was a good little comedy bout.

The only thing I didn't like about the show was Jinder Mahal being on it. I still don't see anything in the guy at all. He's bland as fuck anyway you dress him up. Still feel there's something not quite right about them having 'Great White' Sheamus beat up the Asian guy every week though.

Regal is fucking gold. As soon as he stepped back in that ring you knew he was going to upshow everybody, and that dance. A jiggy Morecambe and Wise with that smile was great.

Shame Brodus has no real comic timing, his my bad should've been better.

Anyway, I missed most of the table match blotted out for reason I'm still not too sure about, is it worth looking on youtube?

Mark Henry telling Long to 'spin his own damn wheel' made me laugh - i like it when Henry rinses someone like that!

Awesome seeing Regal on Smackdown this week - he is really is a cut above! I heard he is doing great stuff for FCW but it would be nice to see him on WWE tv more.

Some good action (Rhodes/Gabriel, Tag match and the main event) a bit of fun (Brodus Clay and the Blindfold match) and an energetic crowd made it a really entertaining show.

• Paid Members

Cracking Smackdown I thought. Really enjoyed Sheamus/Barrett, Bryan/Henry, the excellent opening promo, the tag teams getting proper entrances, the Rhodes/Gabriel stuff and the dance off. regal was gold, as ever, Vickie was OK and Brodus carried his bit off well too. Looked confident on the mic and as though he was thoroughly enjoying himself throughout, which really gets his gimmick over. Only flaw in the segment was the commentary which was way too OTT. I thought the blindfold match was OK too.

I could live without ever seeing Teddy Long on TV again, wouldn't concern me one bit. Not sure on this Hunico thing either.

I just got around to watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had almost everything I could want from a Smackdown by using the current roster - Sheamus/Barrett was a superb match, Daniel Bryan's promo, the match it's self and the Steel Cage announcement built up my apatite for the Royal Rumble match even more than before, and Rhodes/Gabriel, Hunico/DiBiase & the Tornado Tag were all fine to. The Blindfold match was alright instead of a shitty Divas match, but the best thing (of all time perhaps) was Regal's dancing. Get him on Raw to do commentary I say!

Bryan's line about admiring AJ was funny as well. If it's all done right they can end the Bryan/AJ relationship at Wrestlemania with AJ volunteering to assist him at ringside, bringing in a steel chair for him to use and then slapping him or giving him a swift kick in the balls, with him then turning around and getting finishered to lose the title. It could be as big and anticipated as Trish's babyface turn to Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 17 if they keep them together and don't drop the whole thing like they did last year with the Edge/McIntyre/Kelly Kelly storyline. I'd like to see Bryan defending the belt against Sheamus, he's a big babyface champion waiting to happen.

• Paid Members

Regal is so great. When I read the spoilers, I thought he got squashed and peeled off the mat and told where to go. He was brilliant. Hope to see him in the Rumble next week. Here's our William with some interesting comments on twitter:

Never going to happen, but would love to see it.

I've never asked @WWEDanielBryan for anything for my help and guidance over the years.So now perhaps it's time. I still want to be the first English World Champion.I would like @WWEDanielBryan to grant me a title shot.@WWE pay attention.

• Paid Members

I swear for a second I convinced myself that Brodus Clay called Regal a "Fucking Chicken" :D

You gotta love the logic in Brodus Clay. A woman cries and William Regal gets her out of the way, Regal gets goaded into dancing so Brodus can fucking squash him. Yay face Brodus.

I'm not criticizing there I just hate whenever that happens.

• Moderators

Vickie Guerrero doing the Seinfeld "Little Kicks" is the only time she's ever come near to having entertained me. So congratulations to her. Regal and Clay should become the world's greatest tag team.

I just get so much unadulterated feelings of Joy whenever anything to do with Brodus Clay happens. Wrestling should be fun. I like to smile when I watch my wrestling, and the Funkasaurus has had me grinning like a moron. I absolutely love things like that in wrestling.

Is it true that Barrett called Foley an old git on this Smackdown? Barrett is superb at the moment, I think. I'm even getting over the hair.

It was on Raw, in a segment with R-Truth. Barrett said that 'thank god that old git Mick Foley won't be in the Royal Rumble'. Barrett's doing really well of late, the feud with Orton has really helped him.

Regal was awesome on Smackdown. I wish they'd give him a bigger role. He's wasted just being on NXT most weeks.

Archived