Dragon Gate USA & EVOLVE Discussion/News/Review Thread

Big Benny HG

Is it on Gofightlive?

No, WWNlive.com

Just read Fight Club Pro stars MK McKinnan and Trent seven are wrestling each other on the show, no idea if that's on the iPPV or Pre-show..

Thanks.

I'll check it out i think. Pac Vs Low Ki alone is worth the price.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Full results are on my Twitter, but just thought I'd say here that I enjoyed this much more than Open The Ultimate Gate last year.

The crowd was a decent number too, I read about the ROH iPPV having technical difficulties, I wonder how many fans they drew...

Part from a post of mine from the 'Wrestlemania 28, who's going?' thread. :

Just got back from DGUSA and if that's the start of my wrestling holiday then I'm in for a good time. Fantastic show, good crowd and got a photo with Gabe. Random thoughts: Sami Callihan is a star of the future, great to see Sabu and Tommy Dreamer in a surprise appearance, great matches were : AR Fox v Rich Swann in one of the best openers I've seen, Low Ki v PAC was always going to be good and it was a statement of how wrestling should be ( slow build & mat wrestling to stiff kicks then onto high spots and near falls), main event tag of Yoshino (replacing Cima) & Ricochet v Gargano & Taylor was another good match with funny shout outs from Taylor, even though I'm never sure of comedy in a main event, great heat for Tozawa's valet in his match (another good one) and she gave as good as she received although it did distract from the match, when she told a fan who was giving her stick he had an 'ugly hat' the whole crowd gave him an 'ugly hat' chant. Well funny.

Overall a show that I really enjoyed and I came away happy.

Just me who didn't like it then?

I'm not into Japanese wrestling anyway so that might account for it but i won't be back.

First thing i noticed is, too many kicks. Seriously pretty much every match featured a barrage of superkicks and tajiri style shots round the head. One or two people doing ok but nearly all of them thought they were the second coming of Bruce Lee. (well that's how it felt)

Some very talented guys on show but no overall the show wasn't for me. Is BxB Hulk supposed to look like an emo drag queen? Didn't rate him at all, he looks stupidly un-threatening which is a shame because after seeing his opponent live last month i've become a fan of Sami Callihan. The proceding match by the way with Sabu was awful, fell apart from about the fifth second and never recovered.

I was also disapointed in Pac and Lowki. I felt they were holding back as the pace never really reached the speed i was expecting/hoping.

It's a shame as ROH bores the hell out of me so i was more than happy to give another American indie on PPV a try.

Full results are on my Twitter, but just thought I'd say here that I enjoyed this much more than Open The Ultimate Gate last year.

The crowd was a decent number too, I read about the ROH iPPV having technical difficulties, I wonder how many fans they drew...

All the seats they put out were taken and people were standing which isn't bad considering ROH show was on at same time. A lot of people were there for the wrestle reunion convention that's running over the weekend at the hotel/venue. I'm off to ROH in Fort Lauderdale now after I've visited axxess so it will be interesting to see how many fans ROH get when their venue is 30 miles and a $100 each way taxi ride away. DGUSA will have competition from hall of fame as well tonight. Highspots are running a $5 wrestling show which sounds a laugh after the show at the venue with Colt Cabana hosting so I'm going back for that after hall of fame.

• Paid Members

Dragon Gate USA Open the Ultimate Gate 2012 results

Match #1 - AR Fox def. Rich Swann by pinfall (Sitout Springboard C4)

CIMA & Ricochet are out to vacate the Open The United Gate. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano come out to interrupt with Taylor wanting to collect the belts since CIMA can't compete due to neck injury from last night. Gargano ain't cool with that. Masato Yoshino comes out and wants to be Ricochet's partner and it's the main event for the Open The United Gate.

Match #2 - Bobby Fish & Tommy Dreamer def. The Scene by submission when Konley tapped to the Fish Hook

Match #3 - BxB Hulk def. Sami Callihan by pinfall with the First Flash. Christina Von Erie came out and observed the match til she misted Callihan with Hulk's wine.

Callihan cut a promo saying he was dumb to trust a woman then ran down Sabu til he came out. Then the DUFs came out and triple teamed him til Jon Davis & AR Fox made the save to lead too...

Match #4 - Jon Davis & Sabu def. Pinkie Sanchez & Arik Cannon when Davis pinned Sanchez after 3 Seconds Around The World

Callihan came out and attacked Sabu again briefly and left him to think about their match tomorrow.

Match #5 - Masaaki Mochizuki def. Akira Tozawa by pinfall after a series of his signature kicks.

Match #6 - Samurai Del Sol def. Johnny Vandal by pinfall after a nasty looking reverse rana

Match #7 - Low Ki def. PAC by pinfall after the Warrior's Way

Match #8 - Masato Yoshino & Ricochet def. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor to win the Open The United Gate when Taylor submitted to Sol Naciente from Yoshino. Dissension in Ronin when Taylot had Yoshino pinned earlier but Taylor broke it up to steal the pin and argued with Gargano. Taylor grabbed the Open The Freedom Gate belt and tried to bring it in the ring but Rich Swann stopped him.

Post-match CIMA offered to handshake Ronin and Gargano accepted but Chuckie T attacked CIMA from behind and superkicked Gargano

Trying to access last nights DG:USA's Ultimate Gate and WWNLive is being a prick, its only letting me buy Mercury Rising. I don't know if it takes a while for the VOD edition to be ready or some shit anybody know whats up?

Trying to access last nights DG:USA's Ultimate Gate and WWNLive is being a prick, its only letting me buy Mercury Rising. I don't know if it takes a while for the VOD edition to be ready or some shit anybody know whats up?

You're not making the mistake of having ordered the $1.99 special are you? That was only good for the live airing...

Managed to stay up and watch it last night. Last three matches were really good, with the main event probably edging Pac/Ki, which perhaps suffered from my expectations being insanely high, but it didn't seem to quite hit top gear for me. I still find it a very odd mix of talent in DGUSA though. You have your Dragon Gate guys, who are obviously great, a handful of top indie workers who've taken to the style and really fit in (Gargano, Ki, etc.) and then there's a huge drop off to guys who don't seem to belong at this level at all.

You're not making the mistake of having ordered the $1.99 special are you? That was only good for the live airing...

Managed to stay up and watch it last night. Last three matches were really good, with the main event probably edging Pac/Ki, which perhaps suffered from my expectations being insanely high, but it didn't seem to quite hit top gear for me. I still find it a very odd mix of talent in DGUSA though. You have your Dragon Gate guys, who are obviously great, a handful of top indie workers who've taken to the style and really fit in (Gargano, Ki, etc.) and then there's a huge drop off to guys who don't seem to belong at this level at all.

Nah. I was after the proper version, all i could get was the option to pay for Mercury rising.. wanted to see Pac/Ki and Gargano really. I'm also staying well clear of ROHs stream that sounded like a royal fuck up.

• Paid Members

Fit Finlay's going back to WWE as an agent, but he's going to fulfill his indie dates, so Callihan vs Finlay 2 is still on

Mercury Rising 2012 Results

Bobby Fish def Jon Davis

Arik Cannon vs AR Fox ended in a No Contest

Sabu def Sami Callihan in a Street Fight

El Generico def CIMA, Rich Swann, Chuck Taylor, Samurai Del Sol and Lince Dorado

The Scene def Los Pendejos

Johnny Gargano def Yoshino to retain the Open The Freedom Gate title

Low Ki, BxB Hulk & Akira Tozawa def PAC, Ricochet & Masaaki Mochizuki

Archived