How did you end up on the UKFF?

PepperPlunge

I found this place while trying to find information about the King of Europe Cup back in 2007, Google search led me to this forum where there was a big thread discussing the weekend. After lurking for quite a while, I eventually signed up.

In terms of whether it's moulded my opinion, I used to use another website which had a wrestling forum, but I found their views to be a bit boring. Here, you get a little bit of everything, and there are some utterly brilliant posters who can turn threads into gold without really trying too much.

• Paid Members

The save.us y2j thread. I had been away from wrestling for a while, but it was my first year at uni, loads of free time and my mate pointed me towards what was going on in wwe at that time and pointed me here. I signed up and lurked.

I posted on TWCF up until about 2005ish and always knew this place as the other forum. Took me awhile to join up though. I'm not sure what prompted it or during what incarnation of TWCF I jumped overboard. I recall that forum going all orange before I left it. Overnight it seemed about a third as busy as it once was.

• Paid Members

I came on here to troll when Hulk Hogan won the WWF title in April. I would hunt through threads and slag posters off for daring to say the run had bombed. I wasnt even clever with it. I'd just sit in the class room at college bored shitless and click "reply to Linus: fuck off back to the Bravo channel you specky cunt". Not much has changed in that respect. Now now I bitched about Hulk Hogan bored shitless at work or on my phone. I found this site through the FWA's website, as it had a forum link to it, and I heard about the FWA through the Talk Sport radio show. And I heard about the radio show through Power Slam. So its PS' fault.

I disappeared for ages though. I would only post every now and again. I came back in 2009, I think. A shit load of my posts came from those horrid live discussions threads. We'd have live discussion threads for EVERYTHING. This place, also used to be a massive cluster of British Wrestling news. It was a sight to behold back then. You'd have threads like "I've just got a PM from Jon Farrer telling me to hide my weapons from the police at the next "Fans Bring A Weapons Match" and "well, the weapons arrived, but the ring never showed up". Also, Alex Shane was here a lot and seemed to get shit from every angle. It was a infamous place. Everyone knew about the UKFF. Mostly to call us cunts.

In 2002, we had Earthquake posting in threads. Now we have AJS269. The decline is obvious. Actually Earthquake was a picture of health until he came on here.

• Paid Members

You know what? I can't actually remember.

My profile says I joined in 2006. Around that time, I was following a local promotion around the North East, filming shows as I had access to my college's cameras. It would have been no doubt a worker or promoter or other smart name-dropping it or telling me about it (more than likely telling me to stay away, which I ignored out of curiosity).

From thesmartmarks.com which weirdly despite having died two years ago, is still running fully as a forum, its the very definition of a ghost town website

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?act=idx

This is my second account, my first one got lost along the way, cant see it on members list but its there as a poster in the UKFF gold threads

Archived