Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It was similar to this one, except colour and cut off just above the lettering.

BigDaddy.jpg

This was the rock's pic (not exactly, but same era/pose)

rock_posed.jpg

Can't find the Hogan pic, but it's fairly iconic from the early days of Hulkamania. Definitely unmistakeable, since it's the Hulkster.

Scottish comedian and main star of hit BBC Scotland show Burnistoun Robert Florence has announced on his Facebook that in June 2013 both him and fellow comedian Greg Hemphill will have a mega event called Kelvin Brawl at The Kelvin Hall in Glasgow. This is off the back of the successful sell out event Oran War at Oran Mor in Glasgow which saw the event sell 350 in 72 hours.

Both Robert and Greg want to have Scottish wrestling showcased in a big way and get it the mainstream coverage it deserves. An event in the 2500 seat world famous Kelvin Hall is one way of making that dream a reality.

Pictures of the Oran War event by David Wilson courtesy of BBC Scotland

46566_527590577270712_752245590_n.jpg

602472_527590647270705_2021581766_n.jpg

487262_527590693937367_213432031_n.jpg

Edited by dangerously420

Fair play to Osman, he proper stood up for the rasslin', even when Armstrong was itching to make it all into a pisstake segment.

Makes up somewhat for the episode last year where Doink the Clown was on a list of kids TV characters, and Osman said at the end "Doink the Clown was a WWF wrestler, and if you knew at home you should be ashamed".

Maybe he was trying to be cool and forgot to say "because Doink was pre-Attitude era".

I think so, because afterwards he crotch-chopped in Armstrong's direction then threw a belt in a nearby river. Not a title belt, just his own trouser belt. Oddest thing I've ever seen that wasn't booked by Russo.

• Paid Members

That isn't any evidence that life is hard at all. Its an example of someone trying to get something for free. Its not bread and nappies he's asking for. Shit like that is grounds for the sack in my opinion. You are supposed to project an aura that you are a TV superstar wrestler, not some bloke looking for a mark to buy his Batman DVDs.

Some clown will buy him that shit as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That isn't any evidence that life is hard at all. Its an example of someone trying to get something for free. Its not bread and nappies he's asking for. Shit like that is grounds for the sack in my opinion. You are supposed to project an aura that you are a TV superstar wrestler, not some bloke looking for a mark to buy his Batman DVDs.

It's no shock that he was advised to make the wishlist by Lacey Von Erich and So Cal Val, they both seem the type to solicit freebies from sad clowns.

He is missing a trick id be asking for big screen tv and the like if someone is daft enough to buy it for little or no return. Free 8 by 10 and a autograph