Footage They Didn't Want You To See

crazyshady

I've only recently started watching these videos but i wish i knew about them sooner! All this stuff we don't get to see or hear on TV. I didn't know they rehearsed the intros to Raw and Smackdown with all the crowdshots and how cool is it to hear JR and Paul Heyman just chatting casually during commercial breaks and that makes me respect them more because i loved them as a commentary team on Raw and thought they worked so well. Just shows you how good they were at their job, in their prime. True professionals but two people i am really surprised about is the way Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole speak not only about Tony Chimel but to Tony Chimel. To even speak to him and tell him he sucks and that he is a moron just because he put a mat under the announce desk, which he was told to do to protect the wrestlers going through the table is just unbelievable. I wouldn't let anyone speak to me like that in real life and i'm surprised they get away with it at WWE. And then Lawler speaking to a fan who asks him for his autograph.......i've lost my respect for him. As for Michael Cole, i never really had any respect for him anyway. It shows you just how fabricated it all is, even when JR would say 'welcome to Monday Night Raw live from ****' and all the camera shots that go with it, all that is rehearsed so nothing is spontanious or natural. The even chat about things they are gonna say on top of replay videos and how to explain the storylines better. It's let me see that it really is just one big show. Literally nothing on it is real. Even JR's 'emotions' during matches were all planned in advance lol. It shows you what a good actor he is, they're all good actors really but when they are good at something, they can really hook you in. Bravo to all involved.........except Cole and King but i'm not gonna lose sleep over it. These are just some of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINf0Dyts20...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPULi8PALI...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7u3e05sYgc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJSAXOBFnw...feature=related

Well i've known it's not a sport since a young age, it's on those list of things like Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, Jesus Christ. You get to an age where you know the truth. I just didn't realise the bits after the pyro goes off and the bits over replays were all either pretaped or rehearsed in such detail. As a wrestling fan watching these predeterminded performances you like to believe there is some spontaniaty involved even if it is just in the commentary.

Now i know Paul Heyman is quite a pleasant speaker and Jim Ross is just as phony as the wrestling in the ring. They are good actors though. It's given me a new level of respect for the WWE as a whole and just how much preparation goes into a broadcast.

They gave Glasgow a 3 hour show, actually Punk came back out after he left to the back when there was only a small section of the crowd still in the building and that was about 15 minutes after the end of the show so 3 hours 15 minutes total. But then again we were the only show on the tour that sold out so we deserved a bit extra. It doesn't bother me that there is no extravagant stage, i was just saying TNA's house shows here put WWE's to shame in terms of production. It should be the other way around. And i know you will go into the whole house show argument but the fact is most fans don't know the term house show, WWE doesn't mention the words house show on TV, a lot of first time fans going to see WWE think they are going to see the WWE they see on TV and it's far from that. House shows are wrestling shows and that's great and everything but they could put a bit more effort in. Freshen it up a bit.

If there's separate TV tapings, why would people expect the other shows to be "just like TV" exactly?

All wrestling news sites use the term 'house show.'

The footage from overseas tours etc clearly shows a different set up on 'house shows' compared to a TV event. They don't try to hide it.

Yeah but they do TV live from the UK so people could think that they were going to see a similar set up. They don't do TV in Germany or wherever they go and those videos are just made up of fans talking and little short clips, it's just highlights. For a lot of people TV tapings just means there are cameras and its on TV. Look at the X Factor, they do a big production every weekend then take the remaining acts on tour the following year, always a big show and dancers etc. They give the fans what they saw on TV for 12 weeks the previous year. They are not taping for TV, the fans know it's not for TV but they still get to experience everything that makes the show what it is on TV. It's the biggest show on UK TV.

If WWE's wondering why their domestic house shows aren't doing so well then maybe they should give people a bit more of a higher standard of production. And the argument of money and transportation doesn't work. WWE makes hundreds of thousands even selling 5,000 tickets. There's bands that aren't even in the charts, that tour all year round earning a lot less money that could put on a better production than WWE does with their house shows. And again you're making this a big thing, when i first talked about this i was only making an observational comment about it and from things i have heard a lot of people say after the shows. It doesn't bother me, i'll always go when they come to do shows here but people here are making a big deal of it like i don't like WWE because of it which isn't true.

it's on those list of things like Jesus Christ. You get to an age where you know the truth.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

He's an enigma, is crazyshady. Not half an hour after he'd posted that, he's in another thread saying:

God bless you though. I hope to God

Archived