Who has a tryout with WWE?

Jetta's G-string

Also, I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I'm sure they like their enhancement talent/trialists to have a regular name and not a gimmick name, which is why Mick Foleys first match there was under the name Jack Foley and not Cactus Jack

I believe that is the case. In fact, aside from CM Punk, has any enhancement or trial wrestler ever been allowed to use a gimmick name for a match? Did Cheerleader Melissa go under her gimmick name or was she Melissa Anderson?

she was, but crowbar shark boy roadkill just off the top of my head had jobber matches in their gimmicks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think Low Ki and Samoa Joe did matches under those names, too?

Actually just found the Cheerleader Melissa one, it was Melissa Anderson. Great little match as well, actually:-

I believe that is the case. In fact, aside from CM Punk, has any enhancement or trial wrestler ever been allowed to use a gimmick name for a match?

Low Ki in his Metal jobber days. But yeah, on the whole, they don't have the jobbers using heroic gimmick names like Lionheart. I felt fucking disgusted with myself for recognising him tonight, but refrained from nudging the Mrs and going "He's not really from Manchester, he's Scottish." At one point he shouted something at the crowd, which must have given away he wasn't a Mancunian as well.

• Paid Members
Andy Baker was apparently going to be at both Raw and Smackdown tapings according to his twitter a few weeks back. Not the greatest talent the UK has to offer, but then again not the worst. Only seen the bloke wrestle a few times for Allstar and the match he had with Drew MacDonald wasn't all that.

A very underated talent in my eyes, he doesnt get about enough to be honest but a cracking wrestler. Hes had try outs with the over the past few years, including a try out at FCW a few years ago. He was also wrestling for OVW when it was the WWE school , way back when.

Hope he does well :thumbsup:

I wonder why they changed his name? Andy Simmonz and Robbie Brookside and the likes wrestled under their regular names when doing stints for WWE, didn't they?

Because Lionheart was one of the names used by a certain Chris Jericho.

That sprung to mind after posting.

Bit silly, though. How long ago did Chris Jericho last go by the name Lionheart?

Exactly. So him using Lionheart wouldn't matter. I'd say the reason they changed his name, was to sound more like a 'jobber' which he was supposed to be, so therefore they gave him a 'jobber' like name nt becaus Chris Jericho used it in ECW 15+ years ago.

Actually, Lionheart was the name of Chris Jericho's autobiography, and he had a bio-DVD out last year with matches on when he was called Lionheart, so the average WWE fan could associate that name with Jericho, as there's been 2 bits of merchandise in the last 3 years associating him to that name

• Paid Members
Andy Baker was apparently going to be at both Raw and Smackdown tapings according to his twitter a few weeks back. Not the greatest talent the UK has to offer, but then again not the worst. Only seen the bloke wrestle a few times for Allstar and the match he had with Drew MacDonald wasn't all that.

A very underated talent in my eyes, he doesnt get about enough to be honest but a cracking wrestler. Hes had try outs with the over the past few years, including a try out at FCW a few years ago. He was also wrestling for OVW when it was the WWE school , way back when.

Hope he does well :thumbsup:

Far better guys they should be looking at in the UK though. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Good on Lionheart for getting a decent match.

Archived