Who has a tryout with WWE?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Lionheart.

Maybe he'll follow in Drew McIntyres footsteps and marry a former Playboy model....which, let's be honest, is probably the highlight of Drews time in the WWE so far...poor guy.

Oh, and re: not being saddled with a stupid name. I've read one report which lists him as Matthew O'Kay, which might not be too bad I suppose.

People could keep asking him if he was alright and he could say, with a big cheesey grin and a double thumps up, that he's 'okay'...but I'd imagine that'd wear thin pretty quickly.

Congrats to Lionheart.

Maybe he'll follow in Drew McIntyres footsteps and marry a former Playboy model....which, let's be honest, is probably the highlight of Drews time in the WWE so far...poor guy.

Oh, and re: not being saddled with a stupid name. I've read one report which lists him as Matthew O'Kay, which might not be too bad I suppose.

People could keep asking him if he was alright and he could say, with a big cheesey grin and a double thumps up, that he's 'okay'...but I'd imagine that'd wear thin pretty quickly.

Either way he was "Mmm Kay" or "Matthew A-OK."

Congrats to Lionheart.

Either way he was "Mmm Kay" or "Matthew A-OK."

I suppose he could get the shit kicked out of him and as he's being tended to by the trainer backstage he could say 'I'm O'Kay....'

Sorry, I'll stop that now.

• Paid Members
I wonder why they changed his name? Andy Simmonz and Robbie Brookside and the likes wrestled under their regular names when doing stints for WWE, didn't they?

Because Lionheart was one of the names used by a certain Chris Jericho.

• Paid Members

Andy Baker was apparently going to be at both Raw and Smackdown tapings according to his twitter a few weeks back. Not the greatest talent the UK has to offer, but then again not the worst. Only seen the bloke wrestle a few times for Allstar and the match he had with Drew MacDonald wasn't all that.

• Paid Members
I wonder why they changed his name? Andy Simmonz and Robbie Brookside and the likes wrestled under their regular names when doing stints for WWE, didn't they?

That sprung to mind after posting.

Bit silly, though. How long ago did Chris Jericho last go by the name Lionheart?

• Paid Members

Bit silly, though. How long ago did Chris Jericho last go by the name Lionheart?

Doesn't matter. It means they can rule out any possibility of confusion by changing it.

Plus, Lionheart's a shite name and needs to be changed anyway.

Doesn't matter. It means they can rule out any possibility of confusion by changing it.

Plus, Lionheart's a shite name and needs to be changed anyway.

Also, I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I'm sure they like their enhancement talent/trialists to have a regular name and not a gimmick name, which is why Mick Foleys first match there was under the name Jack Foley and not Cactus Jack

• Paid Members
Also, I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I'm sure they like their enhancement talent/trialists to have a regular name and not a gimmick name, which is why Mick Foleys first match there was under the name Jack Foley and not Cactus Jack

I believe that is the case. In fact, aside from CM Punk, has any enhancement or trial wrestler ever been allowed to use a gimmick name for a match? Did Cheerleader Melissa go under her gimmick name or was she Melissa Anderson?

• Paid Members
Fair point, but Matthew O'Kay isn't even slightly near his real name!

I think sometimes they get a say in what name they choose, so maybe he chose it? Colt Cabana and Ace Steel both chose to use each other's real names (Colt chose Chris Guy and Ace went in as Scott Colton, I think the story goes) when they did try-outs and dark matches.

Fair point, but Matthew O'Kay isn't even slightly near his real name!

I think sometimes they get a say in what name they choose, so maybe he chose it? Colt Cabana and Ace Steel both chose to use each other's real names (Colt chose Chris Guy and Ace went in as Scott Colton, I think the story goes) when they did try-outs and dark matches.

Aye, this is very true. Just seems a strange choice!

Made up for him getting the chance anyway whatever the name is.

Archived