TNA Impact - AAA Takeover

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure if this is news and no one seems to be picking up on it, but Jeff Jarrett tweeted this yesterday

Continuing meetings today w @dorianroldan about the AAA takeover...last night we came to terms on a huge deal...

Does this benefit TNA, or does it just mean they can expand into Mexico? Would they bring in a large portion of the talent from there?

• Paid Members

Wow. I'm surprised I haven't read that anywhere else. Does sound like big news.

As for whether it's a good thing or not, I think it depends on how TNA decide to run AAA. If they keep it as a separate company, with a different style etc, it gives them extra revenue streams, as well as a place to send developing talent to give them experience of working a different style, in front of bigger crowds, on TV etc. It would also give them access to a lot of good Spanish speaking workers, who could be used to try attract the almighty Hispanic audience to TNA.

On the other hand, if they just try and turn it into TNA: Mexico, it'll probably die on it's arse.

Several CMLL, AAA and independent wrestlers worked tryouts with WWE when they were in Mexico this past week. Regarding CMLL, it's said 7 or so talents got tryouts and there were implied threats that if anyone was found to have worked a tryout, they would be suspended or fired from the promotion

It's probably something to do with that god awful angle they've got going on there at the moment rather than an actual business deal.

Yes it is, don't forget Jeff Jarrett is a champion in AAA. He has an angle going on recently and some of the TNA talent has been going there such as Velvet Sky, Abyss and even Sting i believe.

They're over there all the time right now. You see more TNA guys on the weekly shows than AAA midcarders. They're not novelties at all anymore. Taping an iMPACT over there's possible I guess, for the American audiences, but I'm not sure they'd do that. The Global Impact in Japan was more for the net fans and you'd expect those fans know more about Japan than they do Mexico. Plus in AAA the TNA guys and gals have all been getting along (whether they're meant to be enemies or not on iMPACT) so they might struggle to tie in their storylines. Although they might not worry about it.

I'm not really sure who the whole thing is meant to be benefitting. TNA gets some free advertisement in Mexico but not in a way that makes sense with the storylines they'd then be tryign to sell, AAA (from what little I've seen) arn't getting much in the way of advertisement in TNA at all. More to the point the TNA guys have been hogging up a lot of the AAA cards and getting in the way of the homegrown talent. Still, we got some brief interaction with JArrett and L.A. Park, I suppose it was worth it.

Archived