football manager 2011 challenge

wwffan2

I am just about to start a challenge I have come up with for football manager 2011 and i will update this thread as I get further through the challenge.

My challenge is to be Manchester United using this current seasons squad to try and recreate a new version of the Busby Babes.

So I am trying to create a first team squad with players with the ages between 16 - 26

any players over the age of 27 I will try and sell and I am only allowed to buy players between the age of 16 -26 and must stick within my wage budget and transfer budget. it shall be interesting to see how i do and will force me to buy young players.

if anyone wants to try this challenge please post on here.

• Paid Members

This used to be easy to do on CM2 - sell everything, and buy a team of players over 30. For backups, buy young players. Make sure your scouts are excellent. Then, play a season, and at the end of it, list all the old fellas for a lot of money. They will retire in the close season en masse, and you'll have a shitload of cash, a young first team, and blue-colored youth team graduates with great names like Jason Beardsley and Chris Adebola.

• Paid Members

When I was at uni we modded some Division 2 team that nobody cared about on CM2 and created ourselves. This was great fun obviously, arguing about who took the free kicks and corners etc, and my mate Biscuit Matt insisting on being GK/S/DF/MF/S left/right/centre - although in fairness, he was probably the best of us in real life.

Anyhoo, the funny thing was we had a mate who we simply called "Hairy Scary" so that's what we called him on CM - first name Hairy, surname Scary. We did a similar thing with Rich the Warden - the warden of our block - with "the Warden" as a surname the same as "van Nistelrooy."

Of course as we got through several seasons, the game started replicating these youngsters with the new names we had created. Michael Scary was the first, shortly followed by Mike the Warden. Eventually we also had Clive the Warden and Dominic the Warden, but none of these made us piss ourselves, absolutely howl with laughter, when we spotted a player the game had created called Hairy Homer.

just played 2nd friendly lost 2 - 1 to PSG , with the following players not avalible or injured Hernadez, Valencia, Jones , De Gea and now rafael and Macheda injured as well.

Managed to sign a left back from Montipellar and have had Park Ji Sung leave as well.

Urgently need a striker so thats next on me list.

Archived