Going to New York...

DrNo

• Paid Members

Maybe if you tell us the kinds of things you want to do whilst you're here, there'd be more of a way to help. I'm not up too much on hotels, as I always stayed in Jersey when I was visiting, so I know other people can help more with that. Stuff to do, and places to go eat, I can help with.

Don't panic too much about having to be right near Times Square. Even for Londoners the regularity and ease of transport 24 hours a day comes as a complete shock. I stayed with friends in Jackson Heights, Queens when I was there, but had no trouble having days or evenings out in Manhatten or Brooklyn.

If you know everything you wanna do and where then you should already have a pretty direct idea of where you need to stay. Most hotels in New York are pretty similar in my experience, very expensive box rooms that vary slightly depending on when they were last decorated. Look out for recently renovated hotels and things like that but I doubt youll be in the actual room much so just concentrate on the location.

As far as when to go, I went over thanksgiving last year and whilst busy they did have amazing sales the day after on 'Black Friday' which also lasted over the weekend. if you like shopping and designer brands etc then you must got over this time.

http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_nyMidtown.php

Me and my fiancee stayed here both times we've been to NYC. 3 minute walk to Times Square if that, on the same road as the theater where John Leguizamo performed Freak and the rest of his stand up shows, bout a 15-20 minute walk to the bus station and 30 minutes to MSG/Hammerstein.

Think it was about

• Paid Members

I was in New York a few weeks ago covering a story for the local paper and they put me up in the New York Manhattan. Couldn't have asked for a better place location wise, just round the corner from the Empire State. (By the way, if you are going up there, make sure it's around 8am when there are no queues).

I also did the geeky Wrestling fan thing and went for a walk to Madison Square Garden. There was nothing going on at the time but it was pretty cool just to say i've been to the mecca of Pro Wrestling.

Archived