GPW: "Friday Night Thriller V" Fri Oct 7th, Rose Club Wigan

Mr. Noble

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

GPW shows usually finish between 10pm and 10:20pm (normally closer to the latter, resulting in my monthly sprint up the hill to catch the 10:31pm train which will allow me to get home the same night).As I said above, though, I'm coming from the opposite direction this time (so can get a later train), possibly even by car, so there's one 'joy' I won't have tomorrow night!Looking forward to it immensely, see y'all tomorrow.

I think it should be noted that while tonight as a show is unsavageable it is due to unforeseen circumstances but all options were considered and cancelling the show was a last resort. The fans were offered half price tickets to the next show or half price tickets to Futureshock Wrestling this Sunday or a free ticket to a music event happening at the Rose Club next Saturday (if they show there tickets from tonight). Sorry to all the fans who attended tonight, we'll be back bigger and better then ever next month!!

• Paid Members

I enjoyed what I saw and I'm not putting off a GPW return as a result, though travelling half the country for GPW isn't possible for me that often.. I got a deal on DVDs due to none of the other discount offers being of any use to me, so I'm happy with that. A shame though, as it's going to play havoc with GPW booking when they're a heavily storyline based company..

Ladies and gentlemen, I am GPW ring announcer Sam Shaw (Rick Parker). Going out to tell a great crowd in the venue that the rest of the show was off is the hardest thing I've had to do in my announcing career. I was present in all meetings that took place backstage (other than the one between the promoter an the venue management) during the interval and sadly cancelling the show was the ONLY option. I large part of the structure that holds the ring up (made of metal) had snapped clean in 2. I'm sure you will all agree that the main aspect of any wrestling show is the safety of the wrestlers and had the show gone a serious injury COULD have happened. I know the management are truly sorry and will no doubt release a statement in days to come. As previously mentioned, anyone in attendance can either get 50% off the next show (November 4th), 50% off futureshock wrestling in Stockport on Sunday or a free ticket to the music event next Saturday at the venue. (just present your ticket stub from tonight)Sorry everyone and we hope to see you next month.GPW, GPW, GPW.......Sam

Archived