GPW: "Friday Night Thriller V" Fri Oct 7th, Rose Club Wigan

Mr. Noble

In conjunction with the ticket offer we have extended to all Grand Pro Fans still iching to get their Pro-Wrestling fix! (The afore mentioned 50% of all tickets reserved via phone 07845581487 or email futureshockwrestling@live.co.uk Please present your GPW Ticket upon collection)

We are also pleased to announce that after a meeting with Grand Pro management Sundays bout at FutureShock between Jack Gallagher and Mikey Whiplash will be for Gallagher's GPW British Championship!!

This is surely a match not to be missed!!

53splash-whipey-jack.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much I can really add on last night other than what's been said by Sam.The spring underneath the ring totally snapped in two, after a superplex in the third match. The break rendered the ring totally un-useable for the rest of the evening. Although we might've been able to limp on with a huge crater in the middle of the ring there was no point insulting people's intelligence, risking injury or devaluing the product. It was absolutely the hardest decision we, and certainly myself has ever had to make in wrestling as I know a lot of fans had traveled a long way to attend. But, even to the untrained eye - i think anyone in attendance last night could see that there was no way we could continue and I hope you all know how hard it was for us to call of the last 3 matches.After consulting members of the roster and venue management, cancelling the rest of the night was really the only option and then to offer a range of compensation deals to all in attendance. So for anyone with a ticket stub from last night is entitled to one of the following options:1/ half price entry to our next event Nov 4th which will feature Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jack Gallagher, the NWRL Final and Jenny Sjodin vs. April Davids in a first ever womens match in over 7 years!2/ a very generous offer from our friends at FutureShock - half price entry to their show at Stockport Guild Hall tomorrow night where the match scheduled to have taken place last night for the GPW British Title, will take place for the first time ever in a FutureShock ring when Jack Gallagher takes on Mikey Whiplash who'd won the 4-way opener.3/ an equally generous offer from the venue where they are offering free entry to the Stax of Soul event at the venue next Saturday (15th October), face value of the tickets is

Not that I enjoy them but i'm getting used to doing these online post show statements....

There's a lot of discussion about what happened last night at XWA's Last Fight at the Prom show, so I thought it'd only be right to explain our side of things.

For those of you up on things via the latest blogs, you'll know that we were very disapointed with Greg Lambert's lack of help in the June NW Weekender. Greg and I sorted it out and I accepted his explaination.

By way of apology, Greg offered to let us flyer his event last night promoting our Nov 4th "Night of The Brave" show. So, unable to attend myself, Dylan and Ste "Bin" Mann went along, paid for a ticket and handed out the flyers. They were then challenged by a member of XWA staff, so reacted by cheering GPW trained wrestler RJM (who plays heel at XWA) during his triple threat match. Then, both Dylan and Bin Man were ganged up on and ejected from the building by venue staff and some XWA staff too. As i'm lead to believe, there were also some unsavoury remarks made about GPW and the fact that our ring had broken the night before.

I think what's been said and done is entirely regrettable. I know Greg has explained his side of things to me and will put out his own statement, but I thought I owed it to our fans, and indeed XWA ones to tell our side too. We paid for a ticket and did what Greg had invited us to do.

In other news - the GPW British Title was defended over at FutureShock tonight (where we also flyered during the interval, thanks Dave for sticking to your word) and Jack Gallagher retained against No.1 Contender Mikey Whiplash in what i'm told was an absolute classic. This makes Gallagher vs. Sabre Jr at Night Of The Brave, Nov 4th a title match! Get your tickets now - it will be a sell out!!

On a lighter note, while its true that Bin Man and one half of the GPW Tag Team Champions RJM did flyer Futureshock without incident and were treated fairly by the excellent staff at the Masonic Guildhall and Futureshock management, I was disappointed to see Dirk Feelgood (the reigning number one contender to the GPW Heavyweight title) interfere and cost his colleague, DDL, his match with Futureshock Champion Dave Rayne, so much for sportsmanship eh?

Well, I for one cant wait to see what happens on November 4th when GPW Champion DDL and Number 1 Contender Dirk Feelgood will be in the same building. I'm sure DDL is really keen to have a "word" with the leader of the Masterplan! But the only place to see the fallout will be The Rose Club on November 4th!!

On a lighter note, while its true that Bin Man and one half of the GPW Tag Team Champions RJM did flyer Futureshock without incident and were treated fairly by the excellent staff at the Masonic Guildhall and Futureshock management, I was disappointed to see Dirk Feelgood (the reigning number one contender to the GPW Heavyweight title) interfere and cost his colleague, DDL, his match with Futureshock Champion Dave Rayne, so much for sportsmanship eh?

Well I for one cant wait to see what happens on November 4th when GPW Champion DDL and Number 1 Contender Dirk Feelgood will be in the same building. I'm sure DDL is really keen to have a "word" with the leader of the Masterplan! But the only place to see the fallout will be The Rose Club on November 4th!!

woah just a minute theres no condemnation from you for the actions of greg lambert yet you'll call dirk feelgood a bad sportsman?!?!? dirk was cheated by the ring and by ddl on friday if ddl was a real champion he'd give dirk ONE MORE MATCH!!

in fact im hoping gpw management will do the right thing here and give dirk his rightful title match!

Well I for one cant wait to see what happens on November 4th when GPW Champion DDL and Number 1 Contender Dirk Feelgood will be in the same building. I'm sure DDL is really keen to have a "word" with the leader of the Masterplan! But the only place to see the fallout will be The Rose Club on November 4th!!

woah just a minute theres no condemnation from you for the actions of greg lambert yet you'll call dirk feelgood a bad sportsman?!?!? dirk was cheated by the ring and by ddl on friday if ddl was a real champion he'd give dirk ONE MORE MATCH!!

in fact im hoping gpw management will do the right thing here and give dirk his rightful title match!

I don't like how Dirk went about it but I'm pretty confident the kind of champion DDL is he'll give him his match, but he better be careful for what he wished for!!

Archived