GPW: "Friday Night Thriller V" Fri Oct 7th, Rose Club Wigan

Mr. Noble

We're baaaack! Did you miss us?

7pm Friday October 7th, we're back with "Friday Night Thriller V". And we're not coming alone...!

It's the last North West Triple Header Weekend of 2011 and we'll be 1/3 of an explosive trio of shows with neighbours XWA and Futureshock who have shows on the Saturday and Sunday respectively! You've never had a better excuse to come and check all 3 promotions out!

We may have made you wait 3 months, but we're back our most unpredictable of nights, our "Friday Night Thriller" night. In the past we have seen championships lost in unexpected results, shock turns, scrapped cards, impromptu Rumbles, bonus matches, shock announcements and much more, what could be in store for "Friday Night Thriller V"?!

Need more convincing? How about I tell you admission to our event at the brilliant Rose Club (formerly The Monaco Ballroom) is only

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really our thing to release the running order before the event, if you want to find out what it is - come along :-)

Incidentally, GPW fans will notice a change in the name of our venue. It's still the same building, just under a re-brand. The Monaco will be now known as The Rose Club. "Wrestling at The Rose Club" does have a nice ring to it.

It's not really our thing to release the running order before the event, if you want to find out what it is - come along :-)

Although it should be noted that GPW has somewhat of a tradition of kicking off their return shows with 4 way dances. Plus, the added factor that the winner wrestles again later on. But of course, im just assuming :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two big updates.

1/ The lid has been lifted off one of the most controversial stories behind the scenes of British Wrestling in our latest blog as we look back over some sordid GPW history and strained relations with our neighbours. If there were ever a blog to read - it's this one: http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com

2/ Check out the exclusive Voodoo returns video!

And that's not all, expect a massive announcement about our November show, very soon ;)

• Paid Members

Great to have GPW back - it seems like an absolute age since the last show in June, before the summer break. Looks more of a 'building' / set-up show than a pay-off event, but in many ways they are just as interesting.

I'm actually away on 'holiday' in Blackpool that weekend, which is annoying since I'll be so close but unable to do the rest of the North-West Triple-Header, but I'm still making the trip, from Blackpool rather than Yorkshire as usual, for the GPW show on the Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of quick news ahead of this show. Unfortunately, Fox Carter has had to pull out of the match against Voodoo, but flying in from Queensland, Australia to take his place is Bruce Sheila! So the match will now be Voodoo vs. Bruce Sheila.

Twitter followers knew this days ago, so follow us and be the first to know next time we have some news! @grandpro - get it done!

Also, wrestling fans will find the next instalment of the GPW blog a very interesting read as we go further than ever in exposing a working, or non-working relationship with Greg Lambert's XWA. Find out more, the 2nd part of "Heroes & Villains" is online right now, the final 3rd concluding part will be up next week. You'll find it at http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com

V-I-P list beginning to get full for FNTV too, so don't be too late in getting your tickets!

Just been reading the blogg, very interesting, was sad to read that the old entrance and screen where difficult because of the scaffold but it was the best i could do given the money and materials provided.

Just been reading the blogg, very interesting, was sad to read that the old entrance and screen where difficult because of the scaffold but it was the best i could do given the money and materials provided.

Your screen was great tbf though Mick, GPW wouldnt be at the level its at without your efforts over the years.

Archived