Slammed: Inside wrestling documentary

Oliver

I found this doing a search for ROH on youtube. I was thinking I might find a video wire I haven't seen, but I ended up stumbling upon this. Link to part 1:

I can't remember Danny Inferno, but then he looked a very different sight to his OVW promotional picture. What was odd was that it showed him dieting on egg white and tanning, but no weight lifting. Does he just not bother exercising, or did the documentary just not show it? Well, he's been in the business 18 years.

Its also interesting seeing Shima Xion gunning for a place in ROH. Seeing him interviewed with his mother makes me glad that he bagged a spot in TNA, even though I'm not much of a fan of his work. Fascinating seeing him meet up with Chris Hero and then the whole process of ROH auditioning. Jim Cornette was very helpful in communicating on the spot exactly what was lacking.

*spoiler alert here* Xion and Inferno, who the documentary centralized on, end up cutting stellar promos and impressing Jim Cornette and Cary Silkin. Why haven't we seen such a promo on Impact Wrestling from Xion? Well, I shouldn't speak too soon. Right now we have Austin Aries entertaining us with that type of character.

Seeing the crowd laugh at the freakshow that was the Nigerian Nightmares decimating that small guy was also rather interesting.

And Delirious was talking normally! That just.... its like learning there's no Santa Clause again.

I hope you find the documentary as interesting as I did.

• Paid Members

Zema Ion (the bloke who was in the four-way who nobody knew at Slammiversary) was on the documentary. What a canny lad. Hope he does well. Comes across as a nice bloke. Danny Inferno comes across as desperate and bland. He's 34, really fat, has a beard and doesnt have a wikipedia bio. He's desperate to get back in WWE, but I doubt they'll ever take him back on the evidence of this. He cut a shit promo about a bears hand and it gave Jim Cornette the willy's in a good way. Cornette must have been taking the piss or he's really off his tits. Good little documentary though. Enjoyed it.

• Paid Members
He cut a shit promo about a bears hand and it gave Jim Cornette the willy's in a good way. Cornette must have been taking the piss or he's really off his tits.

Cornette was booking OVW while Danny was under contract, I reckon it was something Cornette's given him to work with in the past. Hence why he was so made up with it.

Liked it. Still I wonder. How do inferno and gallows make a living with wrestling!?

Gallows is booked all over the place at the moment - think he's in Nigeria right now. Thought the documentary was interesting, fascinating at how big time ROH felt compared to that tin-pot promotion. All I could hear from the promotor was Roland Alexander, made me pine for Tony Jones or Michael Modest to come in.

Archived