West Memphis 3

Dan Williams

It is absoubtly fantastic that they are finally free men again for the first time in 18 years, I really didn't think we would see the day when i first started following the case but in the last 10 or so months its got closer and closer and finally justice has been done, Like I said before shame they had to sort of plead guilty and are now under parole for how ever long but I'm guessing they are just happy being freemen, Its a whole different world to the one they left behind 18 years ago, so much technological change and stuff. Look forward to hearing some proper words from them in the coming days and weeks.

Jesus,I'm way behind in hearing this.It's about bloody time :thumbsup: ,the stitch up job that was done on those lads was incredible.How they were allowed to to rotb in jail is ahuge blight on the American egal system.I remember being so angry after watching Paradise Lost and it's sequel,at least they've finally been released.Tho it's long overdue this is a great ending to this whole torrid affair

This isn't the end yet, the true end will be when the real killer (Terry Hobbs) is brought to justice and is rotting on death row just like Damien had to. Good to hear that Peter Jackson is still financing a full private investigation with this intention in mind, perhaps then Damien, Jessie and Jason will be fully pardoned and will no longer be legally recognised as murderers.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry for bumping just watched the first doc and just starting the 2nd but this thread has confused me with one detail.

The real killer mentioned in this thread seem to be named Steve Branch by Chilli and Terry Hobbs by Dan Williams but so far it seems it points to Mark Byers is the man with nothing getting said about the other 2.

Or have i jumped the gun a bit and it brings up 1 of the others or is this something not covered in the films?

• Paid Members

Steve Branch was another suspect for a while but it was mainly Mark Byers who was seen as knowing more than he was letting on. I can't remember if he's covered in the 2nd one, I haven't watched it in a while. If you want to know a lot more about the whole thing then read THIS.

• Paid Members

Cheers Monkee i will give it a read.

Didn't no Branch was suspect and by looking at youtube comments (I Know) people think Terry Hobbs is the killer. They do say in the film though "Always start with the family." The new film "West of Memphis" seems to point to somebody else as the killer.

What about this for a iconic photo.

image18.jpg

Echols & Byers.

Archived