Feedback on my new 'Speed Dating' business

Robert Ryall

Hey Guys,

I've started a 'Speed Dating' business that is due to launch in September. I'm not sure if anyone here has ever been to an event but it would be really great to get your thoughts on the concept, past experiences and any ideas/suggestions for mine.

I thought i'd share the website with you all and hopefully some of you can provide me with some feedback on the domain/design/functionality and any bugs or browser specific issues you may come across. I'd say the site is about 90% finished, just waiting for the payment gateway to be integrated and then add the content.

At the moment it's here http://dating.nathanwwong.com/ but the actual address will be http://www.dateinadash.com (hopefully it will go live within the next two weeks)

I really appreciate any feedback given, please feel free to register on the site, book tickets (you won't be charged!) sign-up to the newsletter, send me e-mails through the site...there are a few 'mock events' on the site that end in a few days, so you'll be able to login and check if you have any matches when those end.

Thanks!

Whilst you have a valid point, there are no checks or anything like that in place. Anyone is entitled to sign-up. I mean, how do you know the person you're talking to in a bar or club is not a convicted rapist? I would say that this is certainly a safer environment to meet people than through other means (online dating for example) and each event will have several hosts to oversee the event. It is down to the daters themselves to decide if they want to see someone again and only the information they specify will be provided to the other party.

Feel free to register on the site and have a play around with it, all the information will be wiped when the website is transfered to my own server anyway. The events will be based in the South West London area, Richmond, Kingston, Surbition, Windsor, Clapham, Chiswick...hopefully they should be a great laugh and you'll meet some loverly people! (That's the idea anyway!)

• Paid Members

Also, the pink is a bit off putting, surely if you want to move away from dating site generalisations pink is not the colour to use. It also screams of gay dating too? I would suggest lime green or something if you are serious about getting guys in on the website. Very shallow but thats my 10p's worth.

Isnt Speed Dating extremely dated (lol) now? And the very few businesses that do earn off of it are very established and run in very specific parts of the country?

Do you have any previous experience of managing this kind of business or have you just started up?

I think it's coming back to be honest. I attended an event a while back and it was sold out. I haven't run an events business before but i've had experience running other websites/businesses. It's just a little something for me to do on the side alongside my regular job.

Archived