APB WRESTLING present MENTAL MAYHEM

adam bowler

• Paid Members
Very True , but i would rather do much of the work as i could without paying other people

Have you not heard the phrase, "You have to spend money to make money"?

If you're not going to take pride in your promotion's, no one's going to bother with your promotion.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If you have some money behind ya, get an advert in the local paper as well.

If you don't have the money behind you to have this as a guarenteed part of the advertising, you're likely not going to have the money to run the show properly anyway.

As for the poster, yeah, people who know those involved (which would be the handful on here that might swing by) would go regardless of how the poster looks if the card looks good. Joe Public will take one look at that poster and not even bother. It's one thing saving money to have it for doing the flyers and such, but if those same flyers then look like shit, then the money you've saved actually turns into further money you've lost.

• Paid Members
THERE WILL BE 1 OR 2 TITLE MATCHES

A NEW TITLE FOR APB WRESTLING AND THE MANSON WEIGHT TITLE

JUST IN TALKS WITH DPW MANAGEMENT

MORE COMING SOON

Do you not think your money could be better spent elsewhere, as before you said you were keeping costs down in your promotion of the show?

As for the poster, yeah, people who know those involved (which would be the handful on here that might swing by) would go regardless of how the poster looks if the card looks good. Joe Public will take one look at that poster and not even bother. It's one thing saving money to have it for doing the flyers and such, but if those same flyers then look like shit, then the money you've saved actually turns into further money you've lost.

Because of a mix of the fact this is his debut show and general pity on the man, if I'm honest, I offered to do his posters at a VERY good rate. It was actually about half of what I would normally quote a first time client for a poster. But we could not come to terms and he said he would rather do them himself. I believe it was created in a mix of both Paint and Word. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and discover the important of a strong poster before it's too late.

On a more positive note, any card with Dara Diablo on is a bonus to me.

Regarding the belt/poster whatever adam this isn't gonna be a attack on you merely some advice.

You have ONE chance to make a good first impression and based on how you've handled things so far ie the poster and from what youve been saying (whats likely to be) a very shoddily made belt , you're not gonna be doing ths stuff thats needed to make your show/promotion a success you need to invest in good/great posters which you need to display EVERYWHERE along with flyering and local promotion in papers or local radio etc.

Youve gotta invest in a good belt one that shows the professionalism of your company a cracking belt thats worth fighting for.

Get a really good venue as well.

And invest in talent to ensure that you've got as strong a card as possible

Oh and utilise this place as well as facebook etc sure it might only bring you 10-20 extra fans but its still worth it.

But like i say youve only got one chance to get people invested cos if they turn up and its a shit show in a shit venue with a shit belt and shit talent then you'll lose them.

Archived