APB WRESTLING present MENTAL MAYHEM

adam bowler

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Also at Mental Mayhem before the event at 12pm there will be a training session with The one and only

DANNY STEEL , he will also be in action. More updates soon

Keep in mind there will be people who don't know who Danny Steel is, so when making an announcement like this is would be a good idea to give a bit of background on him so people know they're not gonna be having a session with a guy who can't wrestle, nevermind train.

Regarding the poster, you really need to listen to what people are saying. If you spend money getting that printed you will be wasting your money! It will put more people off than it will attract. Take a look at some of the posters other promotions are using and ask yourself how yours compares? Maybe you don't want to budget for paying someone else to design it, that's fine, but maybe you know someone who will do it for free that can put something more professional looking together? A friend maybe?

thing is Adam if you arent going to pay for your promotional stuff then you arent a promoter you are someone pretending to be and making a bad job of it, I have no ill feeling toward you but once again you have ignored sound advice and took it as someone having a go at you, there are still many many things that need to change becuase APB can become anything other than an in joke for a lot of the boys or a lot of people on here, I dont mean that as an insult, more of a wake up call but I fear it will be falling on deaf ears yet again

the posters and flyers are more important than the wrestlers, you will be lucky if anyone who sees your posters and flyers has heard of or recognises anyone on the poster, the quality of the posters are far more important than the folks plastered on them in British wrestling, unless you have built up actual draws like some companies do locally with their regular fans, even then the shift in tickets might only be 20 or so at best

there's two minutes of my life wasted that I will never get back

• Paid Members
Alot of backseat promoters in this thread, why don't you all go about booking wrestling shows, since you're the experts.

Actually some of these people DO have experience booking their own shows. They are trying to help him. These are people he should be listening to. Not sure why you would have a problem with that? Or would it be better to let him get on with it and completely fail? Which he will if he doesn't take some of this on board.

• Paid Members
Alot of backseat promoters in this thread, why don't you all go about booking wrestling shows, since you're the experts.

Two things.

1 - A fair amount of those giving him advice ARE promoters.

2 - Just because someone doesn't run a company doesn't mean they don't offer sound advice. If you're in the business of bringing customers in, to then say that those same people you are advertising to don't know what is and isn't a good way to advertise is stupid. Just because you don't run a company doesn't mean you can't look at a poster and go "that looks shit, I'm not going" because the entire job of the poster is to get people to say "hey, that looks good, where is it and how much?" If it does the opposite, then it's failed. The poster created for this show has failed to make anyone say "that looks good", because it doesn't, it will turn people away.

• Paid Members

At the end of the day if you won't take on advice then you will never improve. I get advice ( good and bad loads ) some i ignore but most I listen too. I have been lucky and had a lot of great promoters help me and I believe that is because they know that I listen and know that I am constantly looking for ways to improve myself and Southside !

the posters and flyers are more important than the wrestlers, you will be lucky if anyone who sees your posters and flyers has heard of or recognises anyone on the poster, the quality of the posters are far more important than the folks plastered on them in British wrestling, unless you have built up actual draws like some companies do locally with their regular fans, even then the shift in tickets might only be 20 or so at best

This man has it spot on :thumbsup:

Cut one good level guy from your show and invest that spare money in telling people you actually have a show in the first place. Also, never seen the 4FW posters before, VERY nice!

• Paid Members
This man has it spot on :thumbsup:

Cut one good level guy from your show and invest that spare money in telling people you actually have a show in the first place. Also, never seen the 4FW posters before, VERY nice!

100% man , I always spend a fair bit on posters and they always pay for themselves easy. The internet will only get you a few fans so locally advertising is so important and if people see a poor looking flyer they will assume that it will be a poor quality show.

ok i change the poster tomorrow , i got to sort some tickets out as well, i am going to take all the advice and

use it in some way or another, i had a talk with someone yesterday and i am gonna listen 100% from no on

but i am NOT cancelling the show, my advicers you no who u r just email me your advice and i do what i got to

do

thanks

100% man , I always spend a fair bit on posters and they always pay for themselves easy. The internet will only get you a few fans so locally advertising is so important and if people see a poor looking flyer they will assume that it will be a poor quality show.

I've always said that a good poster can make a shit show look OK, a good show look great and a great show look amazing.

Touring Circus are the kings of postering, they put their posters up everywhere, it is impossible to miss them. Even with a great poster, the promoter still has to go out and promote his or her show properly. So many people poster a few takes away's and chippies and then expect a hug turnout for their show. It's easy to forget the effort that goes into promoting a show, specially if you are a one man operation. Hours, nah day's, walking round shops all over the entire city/town (not just the ones near the venue) come rain or shine. If more people understood the work it takes to "promote" a show, not just book one, then maybe they'd be less shitarse cancerous companies ruining British Wrestling.

• Paid Members
I've always said that a good poster can make a shit show look OK, a good show look great and a great show look amazing.

Touring Circus are the kings of postering, they put their posters up everywhere, it is impossible to miss them. Even with a great poster, the promoter still has to go out and promote his or her show properly. So many people poster a few takes away's and chippies and then expect a hug turnout for their show. It's easy to forget the effort that goes into promoting a show, specially if you are a one man operation. Hours, nah day's, walking round shops all over the entire city/town (not just the ones near the venue) come rain or shine. If more people understood the work it takes to "promote" a show, not just book one, then maybe they'd be less shitarse cancerous companies ruining British Wrestling.

WOW - you have so hit the nail on the head !!!!

at the risk of a little mutual back patting - this man has it spot on

I have just had to make the difficult decision of cancelling two shows in October because I know I cant commit the time and energy to making it work due to day job commitments temporariliy increasing at the worst possible time for me. I put countless hours into making my shows work as a (virtual) one man operation, the helps I have is mostly on show day rather than during the promoting time. The difference between being a booker and a promoter are vast and while there are many good guys in British wrestling there are many playing at being a booker and not caring that the promoting aspect is the most important part of all. Thankfully my cancellations were done before I paid for posters are put tickets on sale but its worth doing properly or not at all in my mind.

I'm not a ''backseat promoter'' in fact im not a promoter full stop and never will be but i do take a big interest in the scene its something i want to see thrive and survive and be something special and the fact is every time someone does a shit job of promoting be it from shit posters or shit venues or shit talents or shit belts whatever it makes the job of those who do spend money investing in their companies be it professional posters top talent etc a hell of a lot harder and i think thats unfair and that its doing a disservice to british wrestling to just let anyone come along and provide a shit level of promotion and just accept it so i tried helping him out i gave him advice just like those who actually are in the british wrestling BUSINESS did because tbh its their livelihoods that are at stake and guys like adam put that at risk.

Archived