RIOT!

big mickey

Why not write your own instead of misquoting me?

Why not have a go at answering what separates the looters from the non-looters in those deprived communities?

In that situation it would be the force they would normally use. Grab him and arrest him. Don't see how that is any different to a similar situation in non-riot circumstances.

So you are in favour of arresting them, at least. Well that's a start.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not have a go at answering what separates the looters from the non-looters in those deprived communities?

So you are in favour of arresting them, at least. Well that's a start.

Well they're causing criminal damage aren't they? Last time I checked that was an arrestable offence.

It's probably different because of the 200 others that are with him. Might make the task a bit more difficult.

Well David didn't mention that in his scenario. If there's 200 others there then there's not a lot you can do at the time is there? Without risking injury to police officers.

In that situation it would be the force they would normally use. Grab him and arrest him. Don't see how that is any different to a similar situation in non-riot circumstances.

Do they just ignore the kicking they would no doubt be receiving whilst taking down the perps particulars?

• Paid Members
Apart from the issue of paying for transport.

Sort of like me... living in the middle of nowhere and having to pay for public transport when on job seekers you mean?

You do know that the job seeker's allowance covers public transport right? That's why people who have to pay to get into town just to sign on don't get given more money to do so.

In fact, there were times I was required to go into shops directly and ask if there was work available, twice a week. That's

Well David didn't mention that in his scenario. If there's 200 others there then there's not a lot you can do at the time is there? Without risking injury to police officers.

Brilliant. Let's just leave them to it then, it's worked so well up until now.

Good, that's alright then. Why not have a go at answering what separates the looters from the non-looters in those deprived communities?

Probably parenting, peer pressure, nothing productive to do with their time etc.

• Paid Members
1232: In Clapham, youths are reported to have raided a Debenhams store and a number of shops in Lavender Hill, while some broke into a fancy dress store near Clapham Junction, stealing masks to conceal their identities.
from BBC news