RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members

Just got a call off work. They must be taking precautions in Nottingham as the Victoria Centre (which was attacked last night), is closing early. Need the necessary ID and whatnot to get into the building tonight.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other countries are getting nervious it seems.

18.00 France, Austria and Italy have issued advisories to their citizens warning them to exercise caution when visiting the UK, especially in city centres after dark. MPs in Belgium say they fear the violence could spread to other countries in Europe.

Probably an over reaction.

BBC News telling the country right now that "all Police cells are full". I'm sure that little tidbit will help.

Oh, we're not getting water cannons either.

Edited by Vito

I meant the fear that violence could spread to other countries.

Ah right. Still, it's possible, given the volatility in a lot of these countries at the moment, especially Italy with the financial mire they're in. When there is existing unrest it's always possible that riots will spread. Look at the revolutions in the middle east, rising up one by one as they followed example.

Police cars are zooming past every five minutes up here with sirens blazing.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny

I know someone mentioned a few pages back about people buying bats on Amazon would it be a good idea to report this information to the police so they could contact Amazon find out who is buying the baseball bats then arrest anyone in the areas of rioting.

I got back from Putney about 20 minutes ago and the place is bustling with people as usual, even if several of the shops are closing. A Phones 4 U outlet has its windows smashed and there were police all around casually milled in with the people. No signs of gangsters. Harrods were boarding up.

The Curry's/PC World mega store near Clapham Junction is closed today and being repaired.

I know someone mentioned a few pages back about people buying bats on Amazon would it be a good idea to report this information to the police so they could contact Amazon find out who is buying the baseball bats then arrest anyone in the areas of rioting.

Not sure how that would help, people could just say they are buying them to defend themselves in case their area/property is coming under attack. In fact, it's quite likely that's why people are buying them.

• Paid Members
Ah right. Still, it's possible, given the volatility in a lot of these countries at the moment, especially Italy with the financial mire they're in. When there is existing unrest it's always possible that riots will spread. Look at the revolutions in the middle east, rising up one by one as they followed example.

Police cars are zooming past every five minutes up here with sirens blazing.

You mean "oppression facilitation wagons" are zooming past every five minutes up here with "Ideological State Apparatus indicators" blazing.

You mean "oppression facilitation wagons" are zooming past every five minutes up here with "Ideological State Apparatus indicators" blazing.

You won't find a quote from me complaining about how the police have handled the riots, so don't try and put words in my mouth. I have only said that police in general are racist, pedantic, uncaring, suspicious of everyone, incompetent and out of touch with the concerns of real people, which they are.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny