4FW: Halloween Spectacular 2011 {Saturday 29th October - Swindon}

4FWpromoter

• Paid Members
Joel Redman and John Walters had a tremendous match this past weekend in Bournemouth. On that strength I would go to see if show if 1. I wasn't broke 2. I don't really know how to get to Swindon from Wimborne Minster

Actually, Benham Ali was also in Bournemouth. He was pretty good too.

A354, A338, A346

Pretty much according to Google Maps...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Phil, you should have received an email upon purchase stating bring your paypal receipt, I know you have purchased and will be on the door so won't be any issues.

Dick Togo is safely in Swindon and is really looking forward to tomorrow, Prince Devitt lands tomorrow afternoon and will try post to confirm upon pick up, every match that has been booked is still going ahead.

We have tried endlessly in the last couple of days to get the 20 foot ring ready for this event but a few tweeks still needed to be made as we don't make do with "that'll do" so unfortunately we will not be using it this event, but we have a massive event set next time we are at Grange Drive so will be using it then.

After a very tiring 16 hour day today and an even longer day set for tomorrow we hope everything runs as smoothly as we know it can :thumbsup:

any results on this? would love to hear some people's opinions on the night :)

Redman beats Walters with a Small Package

I believe Dynamo/Knight went over Ryan/Saint after a roll-up. That ones foggy.

Larusso beats Boar with an Avalanche Jace Crusher

Devitt beats Phoenix with a Bloody Sunday

Lomaxx/Gordon beat Holun/King after Lomaxx Package Piledriver'd Kim for Gordon to get the win.

Togo beats Ali after a Senton.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show. I thought Redman/Walters was a tad weak, but was still decent and got the crowd amped. The tag match was good, Dynamo got monster heat. The heels played the crowd to perfection. Larusso and Boar was decent. Felt filler at times, but enjoyable and kept my interest. Devitt/Phoenix was really good. You could tell Devitt was trying to make Phoenix look strong, but he just outshone him. Not that that's bad, because it's Devitt. His heel antics were entertaining, and the Stone Cold thing he did made me laugh. Finish was hot and awesome. The final tag match was in itself good, but I was entranced by the pure awesomeness that was Ho Holun. His antics and the fact he put over the casually racist Jackie Chan heckles had me in stiches, (he did more or less no sell Lomaxx's PP after though which the guy next to me pointed it out). Main event was killer, and probably the best match I've seen this year behind the Kings at NOAH UK N2 and Punk/Cena at MITB. They made a genius move by brawling into the crowd early. It caught everyone off guard and got us all into the match. I began heckling and cheering alot :p Togo got busted open pretty hard, gash was deep. Crazy apron swanton bump, stiff ass lariats and the trademark perfect Hilo by Togo made it all the better. Nice back and forth, with the beautiful Senton picking up the win and ending a damn fine night of wrestling. Above and beyond the value of a

Not sure on Official attendance as of yet but a good crowd, Swindon crowd again lacked kids but plenty of adults which at times meant the atmosphere suffered, a couple of complaints on Facebook regarding the doors opening and it been a bit chaotic, I fully take the blame for this I went to pick Devitt up from the airport and because of traffic I got back 5 minutes before doors opened, which left me with very little time as we made sure the doors opened on time, I can only apologise.

Joel Redman defeated John Walters I just want to say a massive thank you to Joel who probably should have been at home resting and was really unwell and still gave 100%

JD Knight and Jack Dynamo Defeated The Saint and Eddie Ryan

Prince Devitt Defeated Owen Phoenix in a great Junior Heavyweight contest after hitting the bloody Sunday

Jason Larusso Defeated Wild Boar after hitting a top rope Jase Crusher

The Professor and Matt Lomaxx Defeated Ho Holun and So Sai King after Lomaxx hit Ho Holun with a devastating Package Piledriver for Gordon to secure the win.

Behnam Ali and Dick Togo went for 30 minutes with Togo bleeding after a nasty shot to the steel steps at ringside, brawling all around the hall, Togo finally won after a top rope Senton. Togo offered a handshake only for Behnam to spit at him, Togo soon removed the disrespectful Ali from the ring then a great show of apreciation to Togo after the match, was really emotional.

What a great night! Well worked matches and no weak workers

My thoughts on the matches

Redman-Walters. Good match but it took time to warm up the crowd.

Dyanmo/Knight-Ryan/Saint. Dyanmo gained great heat in his debut as a heel. It is a shame that 4fw's main event talent have been have been moved down the card due to the imports. Also no title match tonight. Well worked match but it felt like an excuse to get these guys on the card

Larusso-Boar. Another well worked match every time I see these guys they seem to improve.

Devitt-Pheonix. What a match. Devitt worked the crowd really well and had great comebacks to the heckles. Also What a finish! It looked so painful. Pheonix was good as always.

Lomaxx/Gordon-King/HoHolun. Good comedy match. This should have been the first match to have warmed the crowd up! King is such a good heel it is a shame that they have turned him face. I want Hoholun's t shirt!

Togo/Ali. This was such a good match. Does anyone know if Togo bladed or that gash was due to him hitting the steps? Bringing the fight outside was a great move but it was a little dark in the crowd to see what was going on at times. One of the best matches I have seen live.

A few bits of creative critistism

What was with all the handshakes? It seems to be overused tonight and copies ROH.

The audio quality is pretty terrible. However it can be expensive to invest in decent audio equipment.

Now that there are 4 cameramen at ringside it now seems that I was always trying to move my head to look around them

I think I will buy the DVD. I Can't wait for the next one.

When are 4FW coming to Reading?

Archived