4FW: Halloween Spectacular 2011 {Saturday 29th October - Swindon}

4FWpromoter

• Paid Members

Yeah yeah, great show with good matches and all that, but we're forgetting the big news and the single most welcome improvement to 4FW this year: The 50p sweet bags no longer have those straws of sherbert that are sealed at both ends so you either have to leave them in your pocket and forget about them, or try to gnaw off the plastic with your canine teeth.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dyanmo/Knight-Ryan/Saint. Dyanmo gained great heat in his debut as a heel. It is a shame that 4fw's main event talent have been have been moved down the card due to the imports. Also no title match tonight. Well worked match but it felt like an excuse to get these guys on the card

Definately not the case, all 4 participants have a past and had reason to be in the match, thought the 4FW main event stars were in this match and not in the main event of the show is not a bad thing, though they were not in it 2 more Stars in Owen Phoenix and Behnam Ali proved that they can be at the top of the card and have been elevated so instead of 4 main players we now have 6 :thumbsup:

Lomaxx/Gordon-King/HoHolun. Good comedy match. This should have been the first match to have warmed the crowd up! King is such a good heel it is a shame that they have turned him face. I want Hoholun's t shirt!

Maybe you're right, i'm not sure, but we always tend to start our events with solid Wrestling matches.

A few bits of creative critistism

The audio quality is pretty terrible. However it can be expensive to invest in decent audio equipment.

Now that there are 4 cameramen at ringside it now seems that I was always trying to move my head to look around them

We are aware the audio is quite poor, we were going to do a massive upgrade but purchased a 20 foot ring first, Audio is next on the list of things to do before the next event, then we will upgrade our lighting.

It's all trial and error at the moment regarding how many people at Ringside etc, we will work on ways to make it better for everyone.

When are 4FW coming to Reading?

In 2012 now i'm afraid keep an eye on the website, thanks for feedback regarding the event everything is taken on board :thumbsup:

Also just wanted to say that Dick Togo wants to thank all the UK fans for last night, Togo and his wife got very emotional about the standing ovation and respect from the fans aswell as the respect shown by the 4FW stars.

I have been told from the Japanese translator in attendance that he is thankful that he got to do his final UK match at 4FW, he really praised the talent, the hardwork from staff before, during and after the event and liked the whole 4FW setup.

Main event was great, everything a main event should be, the next bigger show is Saturday 25th February, we normally do the end of January but have both Owen Phoenix and Eddie Ryan out in Japan so decided to move it to when they are both back. More news on that event coming soon, 2012 is going to be huge for the Stars of 4FW but for now a much needed and deserved rest for myself and the 4FW team.

was indeed a good show afte a few door issues.......what i need to know who is the lad behind me who was doing full commentry sat on his own,old school ECW style had me in tears at some points ...promoting upcoming shows being sponsered by t-mobile and the best of the lot in the main event claiming that the blood from Togo on Alis trunks was a "BOWEL BLEED"

SHOULD GET MY PHOTOS UP THIS EVENING

This was my first 4FW show and I really enjoyed it. It was definitely worth the 340 mile round trip.

The show kicked off to a great start with Redman vs Walters. A very good technical contest that contained some great reversals and some really great limb work as Walters decimated Redman's knee. One fantastic spot involved a top rope hurricanrana that was reversed as it was doggedly held on for a pin, then back and forth pinning reversals, ultimately culminating in Walters again going for Redmans knee with a boston crab. The finish came after Walters thought he had the match won and went for a cover, only for Redman to roll it into a small cradle of his own for the three count. This was definitely a great choice for the opener as eventhough it was a very technically based match - Walters chops not-withstanding - The crowd kept with it and it had a decent atmosphere.

Dynamo came out first to put over his reasoning for turning on The Saint at the last show and costing him his 4FW Heavyweight Championship. And like the best of heels, he had his valid reasons twisted to his own benefits, and for any fans unfamiliar with current storylines, it put everybody to speed quickly and easily. I really enjoyed this tag. It had a main event-esque atmosphere as you had two/three stand alone stories interwoven into this match. The Saint was desperate to get his hands on Dynamo, who spend the entire match successfully avoiding The Saint when he was on his feet. JD Knight as the new Champ wanted to assert his dominance over The Saint so spent a lot of match against the former champ. And Eddie Ryan wanted to make his return in a big way by getting one over on the new Champ. A good, slow-burning tag match that felt more like a build-up tag match to two big future singles matches in Dynamo/Saint and Ryan/Knight. I especially love how Dynamo/Saint really drove the match forward without the two ever once squaring off in a competative back and forth manner, Dynamo only entered the ring against The Saint when he was down and not once in the match was The Saint able to get any kind of retribution, further adding fuel to a burning fire for what will be a big time match. I thought all four guys looked great and this was something that could have been a main event.

I really did like Devitt vs Phoenix. It wasn't the match I was expecting, but that may have made it all the better. Devitt treated Owen like a young boy. He brutalized him with chops and cut him off every time Phoenix managed to string more than a few moves of offense together. This really was a grizzled vet vs an up and comer, and it really played out with Devitt's wealth of in-ring experience against Phoenix's energy and high-octane offense. Phoenix managed to surprise Devitt at the start of the match by taking a dive out of the ring onto him within the first few minutes of the match, but after that it was all Devitt for the most part. One particular part of the match that I loved was Phoenix attempting to return the receipt for all those harsh Devitt chops but unleashing a fury of Kobashi machine gun chops onto Devitt in the corner, but as soon as his back was turned and he was firing himself up to the crowd, Devitt was already poised and waiting behind him and let him have a belter of a chop. Devitt really did let himself have fun in this match, taking fun of the crowd calling him Sheamus by performing a few WWE moves of his own, like a Stone Cold-esque mud-hole stomping in the corner, psyching himself up Randy Orton style pounding the mat before an unsuccessful Punt attempt, and when challenged by a member of an audience to use his own moves, countered with the offer of stealing the audience members own moves of "sitting on his fat arse!". I did like how after a flurry of Phoenix late in the match, Devitt ended it quickly and decisively with that falling backwards kick of his, a DAAANNNGGERRROOUUSSSSS top rope double foot stomp, and then the real nail in the coffin with the Bloody Sunday. What I liked of this match was that Devitt treat Phoenix like a young boy, but ultimately pulled out all his big guns in succession to put him away, and gave him his respect at the end of the match. This definitely left a lot more open for a rematch down the line to show Phoenix's progression, a match I really do hope to see sometime in the future.

It was my first time seeing Wild Boar and Jason Larusso and both impressed me. They had a decent back and forth match ending with a top rope ace crusher. Wild Boar definitely has his character down, almost like a Jnr version of Rhino and I'd love to see more of him. Larusso, to have only been wrestling for over six months definitely has a bright future ahead of him. The crowd was perhaps a bit quiet for this seen as it was the return match from intermission, and it wasn't for the lack of these two busting their arses. The tag match was alright. It did what it needed in the position before a main event, and So Sai King was the only one to stand out to me.

Now the main event really was a true main event. Much like Devitt/Phoenix, I wasn't expecting the kind of match Togo and Ali had, and this was DEFINITELY for the better as I had to wonder with the first half being so good, the second half had been fair weaker before this point. But Togo and Ali more than brought the goods and showed that a main event needs to leave a lasting impression and this, for me, was far away my MOTN. They initially brought the slick light heavyweight wrestling you'd expect from a man who helped spear-head and pioneer the lightning paced Michinoku Pro matches, and Ali, clearly a fan of that style who had more than been helped with his time in Japan and K-DOJO. But then Togo and Ali took their fight outside the ring, being whipped into guard rails and then fighting in the crowd, whipped into chairs that had only just been vacated by fans moments before. Togo was even busted open as Ali slammed his head down hard into the ring steps and from that point forward, the drama just intensified and raised. Togo was the clear crowd favourite and the crowd reacted accordingly to the main event standard and the thought of this being Togo's last match as they encouraged him onwards to battle on against the youngster. Some really good moment in this match including a DDT onto the ring apron, a Senton from the ring apron onto Ali laying outside the match, some real drama as Ali attempted to force a submission from Togo in a figure four and Togo returning the drama with a Crossface of his own. The match fittingly came to a close with a Pedigree and top-rope Senton splash to send the fans home happy and Togo onwards on his retirement journey with a victory in his last English match. This really was a worthy main event.

Overall it was a really good show, and a show of two halves. The first half could have been a top half on any other shows, we had a great opener, a really good heavyweight tag match that had a main event aura, and then Devitt taking a youngster to school. Obviously Devitt/Phoenix left a lot more for any future rematches and will have been an excellent learning opportunity for young Phoenix to face one of the World's best. The second half was weaker, Boar/Larusso was good but lacked something - The crowd mainly - And the tag match was filler. But the main event was truly great and a real MOTN as we got to say goodbye to a man who will have influenced so many, and Benham Ali really got to deliver a main event level performance.

For

I'm not usually one for writing a show review its usually boss or shit but i just have to say the show was brilliant i loved every match and jack dynamo what a cocky chickenshit heel he is that was a superb performance from him the first time ive seen him live and i despised him really hoped the saint was gonna kick his arse but alas that didnt happen...maybe in february?

JD Knight looks like a monster he could be one of the next to get a shot at tna or wwe level he looks like he's got it all. John walters is just superb as well.

Now the owen phoenix vs devitt match (there ya go coby!) I don't know if i was expecting it to be that good cos i hadn'yt seen owen wrestle before but wow hard as fuck and you could hear the slaps from fergall all over the place, owens gone off to japan so hopefully when he returns he's gonna be even better.

liked the wild boar/larusso match boar looks like a guy who could be someones ''hired gun'' who could take people out (maybe for dynamo)? and larusso looked good as well.

& the tag match just before the main event if anything so sai king should be main eventing shows he looks awesome. his tag partner was hillarious but im refusing to endorse gilligan gordon cos he will end up using this as a campaign to get into gpw (he has form!!)

The main event... This was the reason i came to the show tbh with you its the match i was most looking forward to benhaim looks great as the evil foreign heel and togo was togo really ya mknew what you were gonna get with this guy and what you got was a fantastic encounter that saw togo bleed... benhaim is gonna get better and better.

The post show stuff with the fans and wrestlers paying tribute to togo was brilliant too and looked really genuine and heartfelt.

Best compliment i can give though is not one of those matches would have been out of place on a gpw show and it just shows how if a company has pride in itself and its talent then you can get shows that good with a crowd that will care about it. I'm really glad i attended this and i'll be back in february.

Archived