2011 UKFF UK50 - STAGE TWO (CLOSED)

Big Benny HG

UKFF UK50 - Stage Two: "The Maybes"  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like the UK50, because having the list of guys able to vote for is handy and means I can't forget anyone. They're right there. And it makes it MUCH easier for me to put good thought into every position.

After seeing that lsit, I've been able to make an initial Top 11, and I don't forsee the list getting any bigger. Not including reasons in this. Gonna get em done for the sending away though.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

1. Liam Thomson

2. Lionheart

3. Marty Scurll

4. "Darkshite" James Scott

5. Noam Dar

6. Andy Wild

7. Mark Haskins

8. BT Gunn

9. Zack Sabre Jr.

10. Kid Fite

11. Johnny Moss

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Very shocked to see Sha and Dynamite not making the automatic list. As has been stated they've been involved in some very consistently strong storylines and matches throughout the year. Dynamites participation in a number of red hot tag matches this year alone should've seen him right in there. He gets my vote.

• Paid Members
Couldn't believe Sha Samuels wasn't in the main list! so, yeh, him definitely.

Me too, is this for real HG? Seriously, he has been a consistent top 50 guy for years now. Then he has his most successful year yet- winning the IPW:UK title- and doesn't make the 48 first picks! Craziness! He is easily in my top 5. I can only assume we're going to see a top 10 consisting of 9 flyers and Moralez.

But yeh, Sha easily gets my vote. Then Dynamite- I can only assume Stone didn't make the cut because of injury- which is understandable. PWI does that too.

• Paid Members

I was shocked to see Sha Samuels needing extra support in order to make the main list - I would have thought he was an automatic choice. Interestingly, if I had counted my own nominations (as published in the previous thread), he would have made it in straight away and we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's probably down to the fact he hasn't done much "high profile" outside of the 5 main IPW:UK shows taking place during the eligibility period down in that corner of Kent.

Martin Stone and Robbie Dynamite are two others I was slightly surprised to see down here too. In my opinion they are both definite Top 50 calibre without doubt and were tearing it up in 2010. I reckon their inactivity since the turn of the year has put them out of people's minds.

Lightning Kid/Mark Andrews seems to have improved drastically. I first saw him for Triple-X Wrestling and at an IPW:UK Tap n' Tin show back in late 2009 and he was dreadful. In the past 12 months, I personally have only seen him do the NxxxT / NeXXXus stuff in TXW where he, admittedly, did look better. He's been getting rave reviews all over the place now.

Only seen Dave Rayne once during the eligibility period, in an 8-man tag for GPW, and his new heel character does seem a good change.

Not seen O'Connor up in Scotland, but have seen him during the year down in 3CW and TXW as part of Britain's Most Wanted (BMW) and he's looked fine.

• Paid Members

In a twist so shocking it deserves me posting it - I voted Dave Rayne and dropped Sha in my final list as part of a... well I don't know what to describe it as? Thing. Had I not done this, neither would be in the situation the are in; Dave would not be in consideration at all and Sha would have been automatically in.

The difference one person can make, huh?

I know Dave has been trying really hard with the new gimmick and it is quite good, being considered for ukff50 is a big thing in its own right considering last years result. Well done Dave

Mirror that man , he has turned out 3 times for Southside and really happy with his performances !

• Paid Members

Just a final plug for LK to get the votes he needs to get the place he deserves:

A music video of his 2010 efforts:

A current match up with himself and Flash Morgan against fellow UKFF 50 Welshman Wild Boar and Matt Lomaxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wyETCy-Xk

Archived