Wanna chat with Ric Flair?

Snitsky's back acne

Ric Flair has launched an online memorabilia store via RicFlair.com.

Along with autographed books, photos, posters, T-shirts and video releases, the legendary grappler is selling five minute phone calls and live video chats for $495 and $750, respectively. He is also selling custom-made replicas of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship for $4,550.

How sad is this?

Who'd pay 500 dollars to chat 5 mins with Ric Flair?????????????

Even sadder, why would someone who has made tons of money sell himself out like this? Guess he has been partying for too long now....

• Paid Members
How sad is this?

Who'd pay 500 dollars to chat 5 mins with Ric Flair?????????????

Even sadder, why would someone who has made tons of money sell himself out like this? Guess he has been partying for too long now....

Dont be a divy. He's an independent contract wrestler. He's not Johnny Depp. Hows it selling yourself out? Ernie Hudson and Tim Curry does/did it, and they are bigger stars than Ric Flair. Its money for old rope when you have fans of the nature of pro wrestling. Your probably the sad one to think anyone thinks a wrestler has enough credibility to actually sell his name out.

On the website Hollywood is Calling, you can have a chat with Raven for $20. And of course ...

lleroux.jpg

Ian, wtf? Flair has made huge amounts of money in his career, wrestling main events all over the world.

And now he's a shell of his former self, pawning his wrestling items (remember the Highspots incident?). That's what you get for living your gimmick, you'll end up old and broke.

• Paid Members
Ian, wtf? Flair has made huge amounts of money in his career, wrestling main events all over the world.

And now he's a shell of his former self, pawning his wrestling items (remember the Highspots incident?). That's what you get for living your gimmick, you'll end up old and broke.

So? Lou Ferrigno was the Incredible Hulk and Mr. T was in the best Rocky film and a massive TV series and they do shit like this. Roddy Piper's is stupidly rich from that WCW run and he attends the shittest of comic cons to earn a few extra quid. Its what celebrities do to keep their name on the circuit. I dont get why you would care about something so trivial.

Anyway, The Observer says all he has a negative net worth, like a shit load of celebrities have. He still lives in a massive mansion, still has all his cars and is on a high six figure salary to where he can work himself out of the shit and has enough assets to cover his debt if need be. In fact TNA supposedly owe him money for countless appearances that have went past the agreed amount of dates he is contracted to. His money troubles are grossly exaggerated. People talk like he's a tramp. I'd still swap places with him.

I think it's likely to be part of the deal he made with Highspots last month after he defaulted on payment to them. They'll give him a % for each he sells until he pays whatever he's owe them. Highspots have right to sell them.

Didn't WWE have an issue like this with their belt designer?

I know he's only looking to make a few quid, and fair play to him, but he's Ric fuckin' Flair; the quintessential SUPERSTAR of professional wrestling. This is really sad.

I have a horrible feeling that in 2 years the title of this thread will read 'Wanna handjob from Ric Flair'...

I know he's only looking to make a few quid, and fair play to him, but he's Ric fuckin' Flair; the quintessential SUPERSTAR of professional wrestling. This is really sad.

I have a horrible feeling that in 2 years the title of this thread will read 'Wanna handjob from Ric Flair'...

That's the problem, he is Ric Flair, he lives the gimmick. The story of him on the TNEh UK tour speaks volumes of how he thinks he should carry himself, even though he doesn't realise he is no longer the World Champ and should let people get him a drink.

• Paid Members

The thing on the UK tour was all TNA's fault from where I'm sitting. Leaving the poor cunt in a different country because he asked for money (that they owed him) was harsh. And he only asked for money because his cards were compatible with the machines or something. Kevin Nash even said, even if this was the shittest wrestler back in the day, the wrestlers on the bus would have got off the bus with him and stood by him. It wasnt a case of him being Ric Flair. It was a case of them messing him about. Leaving him was harsh as fuck. Especially when he didnt have to do the UK tour anyway, since his appearances ran out and they cut a deal to pay him the difference later. I'm not pretending that Flair hasnt fallen from grace rapidly over the years, but TNA should have sorted him out there. And this whole telephone gimmick isnt an issue at all. Bigger celebrities than Flair do it. Flair isnt a big celebrity anyway. He was never a Hogan, Rock, Austin or Savage.

Archived