wXw/BJW/CZW/Fight Club: PRO "Project Mayhem"

LariatTom

• Paid Members

Tickets would be cheaper, travel to Wolves is better than Nottingham for me however, otherwise DG would be a must, struggling to find any work on top of college atm.

Yeh I understand both points, drunk must be great to watch that type of stuff and the CZW style does make sense too. Guess when you look at it that way the guys they're bringing over are 'true' CZW in that sense.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am planning on attending both, CZW is a guilty pleasure of mine! I'm sure I stated that in this thread before. :thumbsup:

Ah right, sorry boss,it just seemed like this comment -

If I wanted GOOD wrestling I'll be going to DragonGate (which I am)

CZW is known for deathmatches and botches and thats what I expect.

- was a bit of a shot at the promotion or this event. I forget who's who when everyone has the same sigs!

I was interested in going to these shows. The thing was, it depended on who would be appearing and what the format was.

I am not a Deathmatch fan. I like CZW and Big Japan, but I like them despite the deathmatchs. CZW had a great non DM roster back around 05 (Kings of Wrestling, Hero vs. Kingston feud, the Jr. division etc), and I enjoyed what I saw of that. CZW now have what looks like a decent non DM roster as well, catering for fans of high flying wrestling. Plus, Adam Cole is a great heel (I will admit to not being sold on Sami Callahan, for me personally he doesn't really "click").

For Big Japan, their Strong BJ division and midcard tags are often some of the most fun matchs that I've seen for the last 3 years. Guys like Sekimoto, Y. Sasaki, and students like Kawakami, Ishikawa, Okabayashi, Hashimoto etc put on really entertaining tag matchs and underdog matchs. Mix in guys like Yuko Miyamoto, Takashi Sasaki and even the rotund charisma of Abby Kobayashi and it's good stuff. So anything where BJ guys are coming to the UK, I will look at.

The problem is, I look at the announced roster and they are mostly DM guys. No offense to people that like DM's, I don't like Deathmatchs. Looking at the roster there are only 2 or 3 people I would be prepared to travel to see. Now that it is announced that there is an 8 man deathmatch tournament, I am even less inclined to go.

Again, this isn't me insulting the talent or the promotions or those who enjoy deathmatchs, it's just my personal tastes.

Ha No Karl I'm not a representative of FightClub:Pro I'm good friends with the promoter and he doesn't mind me posting and I'm just sharing things from there facebook page is that a crime now ?

Calm down, i was only asking due to the fact you are posting every update which people who are reps would usually do. I'm glad you gave me an answer but next time don't take it as if i'm saying, don't post updates. It is great you are posting updates i just wondered if you are helping them out on here.

Exactly who would you expect to see at a cross promotional CZW event? Jack Briscoe?

Devon Moore is a nutter, which makes him perfectly suited to this type of event. I admire his intensity and his insanity. Devon Moore is class.

Hes bottom of the barrel even for CZW, I expect Hyde but it sucks that his insistence to push tedious philly trash carries over to overseas tours. If this deathmatch Moore is below average at best compared to many CZW regulars and if its any other aspect of wrestling he ranks even lower. I worry about your idea of class, dudes borderline retarded and not even in the fun in the ring way.

I will wait to see if anybody else is added before booking tickets.

Archived