The 2011 UKFF UK50

Big Benny HG

Any one else think that maybe Marty Scurll deserves to be no1 after his amazing matches at IPW:UK and Dragongate in the last year ?

Marty is my #2. Since he returned from Japan in October, everything I've seen him in has been nothing short of awesome. However my #1 had the best year of his life with a variety of opponents and matches.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure of my #1 at the moment. I'm probably gonna plump for Liam Thomson thanks to the multiple barrels of fun he's been in for the last 12 months, but Lionheart is running him pretty close. I'm gonna go with Marty Scurll as my #3 for definate and Noam Dar as my #4. That is, of course, assuming they all make it through to the final vote!

• Paid Members
Marty is my #2. Since he returned from Japan in October, everything I've seen him in has been nothing short of awesome. However my #1 had the best year of his life with a variety of opponents and matches.....

Flattery will get you everywhere...

I'm thinking -

RJ Singh - Internet choice

Dave Mastiff - self explanatory

T-Bone - seen him everywhere

Mad Man Manson - seen him at Pro EV

JD Knight - seen him at Pro EV, seen him at 4FW

The Saint - seen him at 4FW, seen him at NOAH, seen him at BAWA - strong runs with both BAWA and 4FW titles

Eddie Reyes - seen him at 4FW, seen him at Pro EV - HOT PROSPECT

Owen Phoenix - seen him at Pro EV, done Japan stuff - HOT PROSPECT

Benham Ali - seen him at Pro EV, seen him at 4FW, also done Japan stuff - HOT PROSPECT

Jason Larusso - seen him at Pro EV, seen him at 4FW - HOT PROSPECT

Richtor - seen him at Pro EV, seen him at BAWA, seen him at 4FW - HOT PROSPECT

Zack Garrett - seen him at Pro EV - HOT PROSPECT

Dave Rayne - seen him on YouTube and FWA things

Gilligan Gordon - I have watched his 4FW matches, yet to watch his IPW:UK 6 man tag match, seen some Pro EV stuff too. Hopefully has recovered from last years spectacular fall from grace

Iestyn Rees - seen him at Pro EV, seen him at 4FW, seen him on FWA

• Paid Members

Less than 24 hours in, with plenty of time until the Stage One deadline, and I've already received 35 individual sets of nominations. Good going, folks.

Do you only get one chance to vote? I have 15 now but not sure if I have rushed into it and will think of better options, I can understand if you only get one chance, just wondering, thanks

Only submit one set of nominations, please.

Any one else think that maybe Marty Scurll deserves to be no1 after his amazing matches at IPW:UK and Dragongate in the last year ?

He certainly deserves to be up there, that Southside match he had against Ligero was killer

No mentions so far for Burridge? He's put on some cracking matches and if we're alowed to go on character/promos aswell as in-ring ability that black and white promo he shot in London definately puts him up there as one of the best in the country.

Going to spend a couple of days whittling down my final 15 nominations before I send 'em in. This needs doing right ;)

Kade Callous should be in, but won't be. A travesty really. But then most people who see him at Welsh Wrestling are kids, and thus won't be voting on here. It isn't any reflection on his ability, or any lack of deserving a place in a top 50 list.

Someone else who has had a stack of top matches this year - Matt Lomaxx. Singles, tags, ladder matches... always good. Another overlooked guy that you might want to consider.

I don't think Scurll has ever been to Japan. Can anyone clarify this?

these were mine

Dave Mastiff - top matches whether it be in IPW or All Star he never fails to put on a good match

Mark Haskins - his work on TNA may not be valid but for also having good matches on pretty much every occassion I have seen him

El Ligero - Really enjoying his luchadore gimmick and some of the moves he puts on in his matches

Nathan Cruz - Really like the Show Stealer gimmick he uses aswell as the fact he can have a good match with pretty much everyone he steps in the ring with

Marty Scurll - Again really good wrestler/quality bouts even flying the flag for british wrestling abroad

Zack Sabre Jnr - He deserves this nomination for the match with Prince Devitt at the Hammerlock Show alone, great technical wrestler

Josh Faulkner - Have you seen anyone else aged 15 make a bigger imapct on the circuit than this lad? great matches especially with Barry Ryan at Dropkixx earlier in the year

Dean Allmark - Really enjoyed him everytime I've seen him at All Star shows this year good to see him finally getting his break at IPW:UK

RJ Singh - Great gimmick and also had some top matches in the last year

Danny Garnell - since his feud with Martin Stone last year things have really been on the up for Garnell.

Archived