2011 Copa Am

David

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does that all work out with only three groups?

Japan were supposed to be in this, weren't they?

top two go through as well as the two best 3rd places. Costa Rica replaced Japan, they withdrew when the J-League had to rescheduled after the earthquake.

Should be a good competition, Argentina are desperate to win it having not won anything for nearly 20 years and Brazil have no qualifying so this is a big test for the likes of Ganso and Neymar should they feature.

• Paid Members

Messi was really poor last night, he and Tevez just doesn't work, fantastic goal though by Kun Aguero, also very impressed with Edivaldo Rojas for Bolivia. Messi was asked about how he thought the team and himself did and he angrily said 'Mierda' which in English means 'Shit', fans were calling him a disaster etc. Very impressed with Edivaldo Rojas from Bolivia too.

Messi was really poor last night, he and Tevez just doesn't work, fantastic goal though by Kun Aguero, also very impressed with Edivaldo Rojas for Bolivia. Messi was asked about how he thought the team and himself did and he angrily said 'Mierda' which in English means 'Shit', fans were calling him a disaster etc. Very impressed with Edivaldo Rojas from Bolivia too.

It's baffling that people are singling out Messi for criticism considering how many goal chances he created, only for them to be squandered by inept finishing.

• Paid Members

It's baffling that people are singling out Messi for criticism considering how many goal chances he created, only for them to be squandered by inept finishing.

I think it was more to do with the man marking of Messi by Bolivia, Di Maria was also poor last night topped off by his diving but to be fair he was played out of position, Lavezzi was a reincarnation of Theo Walcott last night, can run but jesus christ his final ball is god awful - I think Brazil will show how its done tomorrow night.

Personally I'll judge Argentina after their next game. The fact that they were opening things in their own country can lead to a bit of an anti-climax, but hopefully they'll have settled by the time they play Colombia.

Brazil drew 0-0 tonight.

Hardly surprising with Lucas & Ramires in midfield. Both were awful. Neymar was overdoing everything and Robinho missed a hatful of chances. Second half I don't recall a brazil shot on target.

Now you can see why England are ranked 4th. Probably the worst Brazilian line up of all time.

• Paid Members

Brazil and Venezuela drew.

Ugh, dreadful - Pato was man of the match though I think, Neymar going over the top again, Fred was on too sods law if he scored but he didn't.

This quite possibly could be the worst Selecao of all time.

Archived