The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Doesn't say Johnson is going to be manager. If I was them, I'd be looking to put someone more experienced alongside him. It's a tough job anyway but is even tougher when you're working on a shoestring.I said this when GJ took over Northampton and I'll say it again now. I just cannot believe how far his star has fallen. In May 2008, he was one game away from being a PL manager. Best day of my life must have been his worst. Poor bastard.

From what I gather, Graham Westley is likely to be the new PNE boss if not already announced.Already several managers have been approached and either been interviewed and rejected or turned it down at the last minute.

So who the fuck did Iain Dowie resign from Sky Sports for?

No idea, cant find anything about him going anywhere other than the original stuff I got.Very odd, could be off abroad? Jim Magilton has just taken a job in the A League, Melbourne Victory boss I think

So who the fuck did Iain Dowie resign from Sky Sports for?

He was on Gillette Soccer Saturday reporting at the MK Dons/QPR game
Ooer, some one could have been yanking my chain then, not having SSN is a pain now...

Paul Ince is set for a return to management this week - with League Two side Bristol Rovers.

:laugh: If that turns out to be accurate, they really don't value their League status very highly do they?

So, Marcus Evans has phoned Sky and Paul Jewell directly to tell them all that he's not getting the sack. I must say I'm quite surprised, I can really see Ipswich going down this year, but I'd also say that if they axe him in 3-4 weeks time then it would be the wrong move. It's been stop start all season and to see Jordan Rhodes doing so well albeit a league below must be so frustrating for Town fans. Roy Keane ultimately has a lot to answer for in this current run, he set the team back several years with his bizarre decisions, axing Garvan and Rhodes amongst his worst.

Archived