Facebook fucking up

Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

So over the last couple of days my Facebook profile has changed somewhat, certain bits of text are now bolded and the like button is grey all of a sudden

facebookgonewrong.jpg

The general layout is messed up, was only until I checked FB on my missus' lappy that I discovered it isn't a universal change.

Has anyone had this happen before, does anyone know how to fix it?

• Paid Members
So over the last couple of days my Facebook profile has changed somewhat, certain bits of text are now bolded and the like button is grey all of a sudden

facebookgonewrong.jpg

The general layout is messed up, was only until I checked FB on my missus' lappy that I discovered it isn't a universal change.

Has anyone had this happen before, does anyone know how to fix it?

I've had this happen a couple of times. Looks like a stylesheet is bodged up and will usually only affect a proportion of users at a time (as that's how Facebook also rolls out new updates to the network gradually).

The only thing you can do really is wait it out.

• Paid Members
I've had this happen a couple of times. Looks like a stylesheet is bodged up and will usually only affect a proportion of users at a time (as that's how Facebook also rolls out new updates to the network gradually).

I thought this, but if that was the case, wouldn't my profile be affected on every machine rather than just my own?

• Paid Members

I keep having a problem where Facebook slows IE right down, especially when I'm viewing photos, sometimes when I try and close a photo it'll crash completely. This has been the case since they changed the way you view pictures.

I thought this, but if that was the case, wouldn't my profile be affected on every machine rather than just my own?

I was actually going to suggest you tried that if you hadn't already after Khemical made the suggestion. Have you tried on your own system using a different browser?

• Paid Members

I was actually going to suggest you tried that if you hadn't already after Khemical made the suggestion. Have you tried on your own system using a different browser?

Just used Firefox and it's fine on that, must be Chrome fucking up rather than Facebook then?

Any ideas?

Archived