Twitter Rows

L_E_T_H_A_L

Piers: Many congrats to @themichaelowen on your new United contract. You've made a poor lonely bench very happy

Owen: Thanks @piersmorgan. I'm over the moon!!! Another year for you to come up with some better lines.

Piers: @themichaelowen Headline for your tombstone: TOLD YOU I WAS INJURED

Later...

Owen (not directed at Piers): Just to answer some of your tweets. Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there a didn't enjoy it.

Piers: You lazy git RT @themichaelowen Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team.

Owen: @piersmorgan do you sit monitoring tweets all day? You reply within 10 seconds to every one of my tweets. You sad man! #getalife

Piers: @themichaelowen Oops. Hit that late night raw nerve again, Benchwarmer? Calm down, you've got that angelic halo to protect....

Piers: And by the way @themichaelowen - which was the supposedly 'poor team'? Newcastle, Liverpool or Real Madrid?

Owen: @piersmorgan No raw nerve with me mate. My horse won today, got a league medal, beautiful family, another year at M.U (champions) #ecstatic!

Owen: @piersmorgan Describe your relationship with Twitter. Why you on so often etc? I enjoy it but wondering why you seem to be addicted to it.

Piers: @themichaelowen Did your horse actually run? Or did it get a winner's medal just by turning up in the paddock like its owner?

Piers: @themichaelowen 1) It helps ratings on my shows 2) It's funny winding up overpaid, underworked footballers like you.

Owen: @piersmorgan I must admit, even though most people dislike you, I think you are quite funny! I would hate to get into an argument with you.

Owen: @piersmorgan and to answer your question, yes it did win. I have already said that other squad members deserved a medal more than me.

Piers: @themichaelowen Thanks. But everyone likes me, just some of them pretend not to. In your case, it's the other way round.

Owen: @piersmorgan and I've also already said that I didn't get 2 medals for smashing 2 past Arsenal in the last 10 mins to win the FA Cup.

Owen: @piersmorgan In other words, sometimes you get more than you deserve and sometimes you deserve more than what you get.

Piers: @themichaelowen You scored against our reserves, well done.

Owen: @piersmorgan I think you will find that it was against the best Arsenal team you have had in your history.

That Piers Morgan is a scathing one, isn't he?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has he not been winding Wayne Rooney up about his hair transplant as well?

Yeah, he's been doing the hair gags at Rooney too. "2-2. Wayne Rooney must be tearing his hair out" etc. Those are light-hearted, though. The Michael Owen barbs are aimed to injure, if you excuse the pun.

• Paid Members

Owen should just point out that it's better to be a bench warming footballer than a disgraced former journalist who is reduced to trying to wind celebrities up on Twitter to try and keep a hold of some kind of fame.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Owen as a player but Morgan is a complete scumbag.

• Paid Members
Owen should just point out that it's better to be a bench warming footballer than a disgraced former journalist who is reduced to trying to wind celebrities up on Twitter to try and keep a hold of some kind of fame.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Owen as a player but Morgan is a complete scumbag.

He does of course have a show on U.S TV show and I'd say is a bigger celebrity than Owen.

To be fair to him, he's more famous now than he ever was as a tabloid editor.

I think he likes winding up footballers because it makes him look like Oscar Wilde in comparison. It's the intellectual equivalent of punching a 5-year old in the face.

He does of course have a show on U.S TV show and I'd say is a bigger celebrity than Owen.

Yeah, isn't he the replacement for the legendary Larry King? He must be doing huge numbers over there.

I'm with unfitfinlay in the "Piers Morgan is a scumbag" camp, though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, isn't he the replacement for the legendary Larry King? He must be doing huge numbers over there.

His first episode did 2.1 million viewers. Unless I'm misreading http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com, he's now down to around half a million.

Hes hardly a scumbag, that should be reserved for criminals and generally bad people, he'd just obnoxious and highly opinionated, I find it quite entertaining at times.

What about Newspaper editors who empty their bank accounts to buy stock of a company just before it gets tipped in the financial pages of their newspaper? Private Eye has made some interesting allegations about phone hacking when he was editor of the News Of The World recently as well.

His first episode did 2.1 million viewers. Unless I'm misreading http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com, he's now down to around half a million.

Hes hardly a scumbag, that should be reserved for criminals and generally bad people, he'd just obnoxious and highly opinionated, I find it quite entertaining at times.

What about Newspaper editors who empty their bank accounts to buy stock of a company just before it gets tipped in the financial pages of their newspaper? Private Eye has made some interesting allegations about phone hacking when he was editor of the News Of The World recently as well.

Would you not?

yeah not like he give the ok to mak false claims against british army is it?

Archived